Questions

Cannon Pixma MP830 scanner/printer issue

Tags:
+
0 Votes

Cannon Pixma MP830 scanner/printer issue

voodoochile415
I purchased a Pixma (made by Cannon) MP830 Fax/printer/scanner combo and the LCD screen is displaying an "alarm" message in what i think is korean. I purchased it at goodwill here in the US, and all of the other outside labels are in english, so its kind of confusing. im guessing the last owner was from Asia, but im wondering if there could be a way to re-set the language through software on my PC. otherwise, if anyone could possibly recognize an east asian language i would love to email you picture of the error message on the LCD. any help is appreciated. until then, ill be file diggin' for drivers and software....
thank you in advance!
  • +
    0 Votes
    Jacky Howe

Press [Menu].

Display the Device settings screen.

(1) Use < or > to select <Maintenance/settings>, then press [OK].

The Maintenance/settings screen is displayed.

(2) Use < or > to select <Device settings>, then press [OK].

The Device settings screen is displayed.

Select the menu.

(1) Use ^ or v to select the setting item, then press [OK].

Example: select <Language Setting>.

The setting screen for the selected item is displayed.

(2) Use ^ or v to select the menu, then press [OK].

Example: select <English>.

Change the settings.

+
    0 Votes
    voodoochile415

this would be helpful, but i should have mentioned that no key on the button panel has any effect, it only beeps at me when i press a key and nothing happens. no screen change, no nothin. i found drivers for the unit, but when i try to install it through add/remove hardware it gives me an error message: "RPC server unavailable". i have the RPC server services activated, i have plug-and-play activated, i even have the damn print spooler activated, nothing. still digging....
    thank you so much for your time. even if i could toggle through the menu items, though, im not sure id be able to read them!

+
    0 Votes
    Jacky Howe

An error message is displayed on the LCD, take the corresponding countermeasure described below.

There are no photos in memory card.
    There are only invalid images on the memory card.

Photo data edited/processed on the computer should be printed from the computer, not from the camera.

Ink has run out. Replace the ink tank and close the cover.

U041
    The ink has run out (The lamp on the ink tank flashes).

Replace the ink tank, and close the Scanning Unit (Printer Cover).

If printing is in progress and you want to continue printing, press [OK] with the ink tank installed. Then printing can continue under the ink out condition. Replace the empty ink tank immediately after the printing. The machine may be damaged if printing is continued under the ink out condition.

Note

If multiple ink tank lamps are flashing red, check how fast they flash. Fast flashing (at about one second interval) indicates the ink is empty. Slow flashing (at about three second interval) indicates ink is low. For details on different flashing speeds, see Knowing When to Replace Ink Tank.

Print head is not installed./The type of print head is incorrect.
    Follow the directions given in the Easy Setup Instructions to install the Print Head.

If the Print Head is already installed, remove the Print Head and reinstall it.

If this error still remains, the Print Head may be damaged. Contact a Canon service representative.

Inner cover is open. Close the inner cover and press [OK]./Open the inner cover, place the CD-R tray and press [OK].
    If the Inner Cover is open when starting normal printing, close it before pressing [OK] on the machine.

If the Inner Cover is closed when starting DVD/CD printing, open it with the Scanning Unit (Printer Cover) closed and set the CD-R Tray before pressing [OK] on the machine.

Do not open or close the Inner Cover when printing. This may damage the machine.

Some ink tanks are not installed in place.

U072

More than one ink tank of the following color is installed.

U071
    Possible causes are as follows:

More than one ink tanks of the same color are installed.

Confirm that the ink tanks are installed in the appropriate positions. See Replacing an Ink Tank.

The waste ink absorber is almost full. Press [OK] to continue but early replacement recommended. <See manual>
    Ink used for cleaning is absorbed in a waste ink absorber placed in the machine.

Press [OK] to cancel the error so that you can continue printing. Once the waste ink absorber becomes completely full, printing cannot be done until the waste ink absorber is replaced.

Canon recommends to contact a Canon service representative as soon as possible. You will need to replace a particular part of the machine.

The following ink tank cannot be recognized.

U140

U043

The ink tank may not be installed properly (The lamp on the ink tank is off). Install the appropriate ink tank.

The ink tank may not be compatible with this machine (The lamp on the ink tank is off). Install the appropriate ink tank. See Replacing an Ink Tank.

U150
    Ink tank errors have occurred (The lamp on the ink tank is off).

Replace the ink tank.

See Replacing an Ink Tank.

The ink tank that is not supported by this machine is installed (The lamp on the ink tank is off).

Install the appropriate ink tank.

The remaining level of the following ink cannot be correctly detected.

U130
    An ink tank that was once empty is installed.

Replace the ink tank.

Printing under the situation may damage the Print Head.

Canon shall not be liable for any machine malfunction or damage caused by refilled ink tanks.

If you want to continue printing with the refilled ink tank installed, press and hold [Stop/Reset] for at least 5 seconds, and then release it. Using refilled ink tanks are memorized.

* This operation will release the function for detecting the remaining ink level.

Incompatible device detected.
    Disconnect the camera cable, and reconnect it.

Depending on the model or brand of your device, you may have to select a print mode compliant with PictBridge before connecting the camera.

You may also have to turn on the camera or select Play mode manually after connecting the camera to the machine. Perform necessary operations according to the instruction manual supplied with your camera.

If the error is still unresolved, there is a possibility that you are using a digital camera or digital video camcorder that is not supported by this machine. Use a digital camera or digital video camcorder compatible with this machine.

Auto head align has failed.
    A4/Letter-sized paper is not loaded on the Auto Sheet Feeder.

Press [OK] on the machine to clear the error, then load two sheets of A4/Letter-sized paper in the Auto Sheet Feeder.

Automatic Print Head alignment cannot be performed using paper from the Cassette. For automatic Print Head alignment, always load paper in the Auto Sheet Feeder.

Print Head nozzles are clogged. Press [OK] to resolve the error. Print the nozzle check pattern to check the status of the Print Head.

The Paper Output Slot has been exposed to a strong light source preventing current Print Head alignment. Press [OK] to resolve the error. Align the Print Head so the Paper Output Slot will not be exposed directly to a strong light source.

After carrying out the above measures, if the problem continues after aligning the Print Head again, press [OK] to resolve the error, and then perform manual Print Head alignment. For details on manual Print Head alignment, see Adjusting the Print Head Manually.

Error code
    An error requiring servicing might have occurred. Turn off the machine, and unplug the power cord of the machine from the power supply. After a while, plug the power cord of the machine back in, turn on the machine, and then reconnect the camera to the machine. If the same error occurs, contact a Canon service representative.

Scanner is not operating correctly.
    Turn OFF the machine then remove the plug from the outlet. Wait a while, and then try restoring the power. If this does not solve the problem, contact a Canon service representative.

Release the scanner lock switch and turn the power off and back on.
    The Scanner Lock Switch is not released. Slide the Scanner Lock Switch to the release position , press [ON/OFF] to turn the machine off. Then, turn the power back on.

If this error still remains, contact a Canon service representative.

Document in ADF. Redo operation after checking document on ADF and pressing [OK].
    The document is jammed in the ADF. Remove the document page jammed in the ADF, then press [OK]. When the error is cleared, redo the operation. See Document Jams.

Document size is too long. Redo operation after checking document on ADF and pressing [OK].
    The document is too long or is jammed in the ADF. Remove the document page jammed in the ADF, then press [OK]. When the error is cleared, make sure that the document you are loading meets the machine's requirements before redoing the operation. See Document Requirements and Document Jams.

Document size not suitable for two-sided scanning. Press [OK] to cancel operation and discharge document.
    Two-sided scanning can be used only for A4- or Letter-sized documents. Press [OK] to discharge the document, and rescan the document one side at a time.

This coded dial cannot be used. Coded dial *##
    You dialed a coded speed dialing number in which a group is registered either with [Hook] pressed or with the handset lifted.

A coded speed dialing number in which a group is registered cannot be dialed in such ways.

Replace the handset and then redo the operation.

This one-touch speed dial cannot be used. One-touch ##
    You dialed a one-touch speed dialing number in which a group is registered either with [Hook] pressed or with the handset lifted.

A one-touch speed dialing number in which a group is registered cannot be dialed in such ways.

Auto redial
    The machine is waiting to redial the recipient's number because the line was busy or the recipient did not answer when you tried to send a document. Wait for the machine to automatically redial the number. If you want to cancel automatic redialing, wait until the machine starts dialing the number, press [Stop/Reset], then follow the instructions on the LCD. You can also delete the document from memory. See Printing or Deleting a Document in Memory.

Hang up the phone.
    The handset is not placed in the handset cradle correctly. Replace the handset correctly.

Try again in black & white.
    The recipient's fax machine is not color-compatible. Press [Black] to resend the faxes. Alternatively, you can set <Color TX> to <Send in black & white>.

Failed to connect.
    The telephone line cable with a modular plug is not plugged in properly, or <Dial tone detect> is set to <ON>. Make sure that the cable is plugged in properly, and resend the fax after a while. If you still cannot send the fax, set <Dial tone detect> to <OFF>.

Received in memory.
    The machine was not able to print the received fax either because the paper size setting is incorrect or the ink has run out, and the fax is stored in memory. Correct the paper size setting or replace the ink tank. (See Replacing an Ink Tank.)

Busy/no signal
    The telephone number you dialed is busy.
    Try dialing again after waiting for a moment. See Redialing a Busy Number.

The fax number dialed was incorrect.
    Check the fax number and dial again.

The recipient's fax machine is not working.
    Contact the recipient and have them check their fax machine.

The recipient is not using a G3 machine.
    Contact the recipient and ask them to send or receive the document using a G3 machine.

The touch tone/rotary pulse setting on your machine is incorrect.
    Set your machine to the setting that matches your telephone line. See Setting the Telephone Line Type.

The receiving fax machine did not answer within 55 seconds (after all automatic redialing attempts).
    Contact the recipient and have them check their fax machine. For an overseas call, add pauses to the registered number.

Memory is full.
    The machine's memory is full because it has received too many documents, or a very long or detailed document.
    Contact the sender and have him/her divide and resend them.

The paper size is not correct. Change the page size you have set.
    The paper size setting is set to a size other than <A4>, <8.5" x 11" (215 x 279)>, or <8.5" x 14" (215 x 355)>.

Reset the paper size in the Settings screen. When feeding from the Auto Sheet Feeder, set it to <A4>, <8.5" x 11" (215 x 279)>, or <8.5" x 14" (215 x 355)>. When feeding from the cassette, set it to <A4> or <8.5" x 11" (215 x 279)>.

Change the paper. A4/8.5x11/8.5x14 Plain

Change the paper. A4/8.5x11 Plain paper

*[##] represents a two-digit figure.

+
    0 Votes
    voodoochile415

thanks for digging this up for me. i figured out how to open the front compartment a few days ago and discovered i purchased the unit with no ink cartridges, which is likely the error message. thats what you get from goodwill i guess....

+
    0 Votes

Ok

Jacky Howe

in future when I reply to something like this I am going to have to ask the very basics, instead of presuming. Like is it plugged in, is it connected to the computer. :)

• +
    0 Votes
    Jacky Howe

Press [Menu].

Display the Device settings screen.

(1) Use < or > to select <Maintenance/settings>, then press [OK].

The Maintenance/settings screen is displayed.

(2) Use < or > to select <Device settings>, then press [OK].

The Device settings screen is displayed.

Select the menu.

Example: select <Language Setting>.

The setting screen for the selected item is displayed.

(2) Use ^ or v to select the menu, then press [OK].

Example: select <English>.

Change the settings.

+
    0 Votes
    voodoochile415

this would be helpful, but i should have mentioned that no key on the button panel has any effect, it only beeps at me when i press a key and nothing happens. no screen change, no nothin. i found drivers for the unit, but when i try to install it through add/remove hardware it gives me an error message: "RPC server unavailable". i have the RPC server services activated, i have plug-and-play activated, i even have the damn print spooler activated, nothing. still digging....
    thank you so much for your time. even if i could toggle through the menu items, though, im not sure id be able to read them!

+
    0 Votes
    Jacky Howe

An error message is displayed on the LCD, take the corresponding countermeasure described below.

There are no photos in memory card.
    There are only invalid images on the memory card.

Photo data edited/processed on the computer should be printed from the computer, not from the camera.

Ink has run out. Replace the ink tank and close the cover.

U041
    The ink has run out (The lamp on the ink tank flashes).

Replace the ink tank, and close the Scanning Unit (Printer Cover).

If printing is in progress and you want to continue printing, press [OK] with the ink tank installed. Then printing can continue under the ink out condition. Replace the empty ink tank immediately after the printing. The machine may be damaged if printing is continued under the ink out condition.

Note

If multiple ink tank lamps are flashing red, check how fast they flash. Fast flashing (at about one second interval) indicates the ink is empty. Slow flashing (at about three second interval) indicates ink is low. For details on different flashing speeds, see Knowing When to Replace Ink Tank.

Print head is not installed./The type of print head is incorrect.
    Follow the directions given in the Easy Setup Instructions to install the Print Head.

If the Print Head is already installed, remove the Print Head and reinstall it.

If this error still remains, the Print Head may be damaged. Contact a Canon service representative.

Inner cover is open. Close the inner cover and press [OK]./Open the inner cover, place the CD-R tray and press [OK].
    If the Inner Cover is open when starting normal printing, close it before pressing [OK] on the machine.

If the Inner Cover is closed when starting DVD/CD printing, open it with the Scanning Unit (Printer Cover) closed and set the CD-R Tray before pressing [OK] on the machine.

Do not open or close the Inner Cover when printing. This may damage the machine.

U072

More than one ink tank of the following color is installed.

U071

More than one ink tanks of the same color are installed.

Confirm that the ink tanks are installed in the appropriate positions. See Replacing an Ink Tank.

The waste ink absorber is almost full. Press [OK] to continue but early replacement recommended. <See manual>
    Ink used for cleaning is absorbed in a waste ink absorber placed in the machine.

Press [OK] to cancel the error so that you can continue printing. Once the waste ink absorber becomes completely full, printing cannot be done until the waste ink absorber is replaced.

Canon recommends to contact a Canon service representative as soon as possible. You will need to replace a particular part of the machine.

U140

U043

The ink tank may not be installed properly (The lamp on the ink tank is off). Install the appropriate ink tank.

The ink tank may not be compatible with this machine (The lamp on the ink tank is off). Install the appropriate ink tank. See Replacing an Ink Tank.

U150
    Ink tank errors have occurred (The lamp on the ink tank is off).

Replace the ink tank.

The ink tank that is not supported by this machine is installed (The lamp on the ink tank is off).

Install the appropriate ink tank.

The remaining level of the following ink cannot be correctly detected.

U130
    An ink tank that was once empty is installed.

Replace the ink tank.

Printing under the situation may damage the Print Head.

Canon shall not be liable for any machine malfunction or damage caused by refilled ink tanks.

If you want to continue printing with the refilled ink tank installed, press and hold [Stop/Reset] for at least 5 seconds, and then release it. Using refilled ink tanks are memorized.

* This operation will release the function for detecting the remaining ink level.

Incompatible device detected.
    Disconnect the camera cable, and reconnect it.

Depending on the model or brand of your device, you may have to select a print mode compliant with PictBridge before connecting the camera.

You may also have to turn on the camera or select Play mode manually after connecting the camera to the machine. Perform necessary operations according to the instruction manual supplied with your camera.

If the error is still unresolved, there is a possibility that you are using a digital camera or digital video camcorder that is not supported by this machine. Use a digital camera or digital video camcorder compatible with this machine.

Auto head align has failed.
    A4/Letter-sized paper is not loaded on the Auto Sheet Feeder.

Press [OK] on the machine to clear the error, then load two sheets of A4/Letter-sized paper in the Auto Sheet Feeder.

Automatic Print Head alignment cannot be performed using paper from the Cassette. For automatic Print Head alignment, always load paper in the Auto Sheet Feeder.

Print Head nozzles are clogged. Press [OK] to resolve the error. Print the nozzle check pattern to check the status of the Print Head.

The Paper Output Slot has been exposed to a strong light source preventing current Print Head alignment. Press [OK] to resolve the error. Align the Print Head so the Paper Output Slot will not be exposed directly to a strong light source.

After carrying out the above measures, if the problem continues after aligning the Print Head again, press [OK] to resolve the error, and then perform manual Print Head alignment. For details on manual Print Head alignment, see Adjusting the Print Head Manually.

Error code
    An error requiring servicing might have occurred. Turn off the machine, and unplug the power cord of the machine from the power supply. After a while, plug the power cord of the machine back in, turn on the machine, and then reconnect the camera to the machine. If the same error occurs, contact a Canon service representative.

Scanner is not operating correctly.
    Turn OFF the machine then remove the plug from the outlet. Wait a while, and then try restoring the power. If this does not solve the problem, contact a Canon service representative.

Release the scanner lock switch and turn the power off and back on.
    The Scanner Lock Switch is not released. Slide the Scanner Lock Switch to the release position , press [ON/OFF] to turn the machine off. Then, turn the power back on.

If this error still remains, contact a Canon service representative.

Document in ADF. Redo operation after checking document on ADF and pressing [OK].
    The document is jammed in the ADF. Remove the document page jammed in the ADF, then press [OK]. When the error is cleared, redo the operation. See Document Jams.

Document size is too long. Redo operation after checking document on ADF and pressing [OK].
    The document is too long or is jammed in the ADF. Remove the document page jammed in the ADF, then press [OK]. When the error is cleared, make sure that the document you are loading meets the machine's requirements before redoing the operation. See Document Requirements and Document Jams.

Document size not suitable for two-sided scanning. Press [OK] to cancel operation and discharge document.
    Two-sided scanning can be used only for A4- or Letter-sized documents. Press [OK] to discharge the document, and rescan the document one side at a time.

This coded dial cannot be used. Coded dial *##
    You dialed a coded speed dialing number in which a group is registered either with [Hook] pressed or with the handset lifted.

A coded speed dialing number in which a group is registered cannot be dialed in such ways.

This one-touch speed dial cannot be used. One-touch ##
    You dialed a one-touch speed dialing number in which a group is registered either with [Hook] pressed or with the handset lifted.

A one-touch speed dialing number in which a group is registered cannot be dialed in such ways.

Auto redial
    The machine is waiting to redial the recipient's number because the line was busy or the recipient did not answer when you tried to send a document. Wait for the machine to automatically redial the number. If you want to cancel automatic redialing, wait until the machine starts dialing the number, press [Stop/Reset], then follow the instructions on the LCD. You can also delete the document from memory. See Printing or Deleting a Document in Memory.

Hang up the phone.
    The handset is not placed in the handset cradle correctly. Replace the handset correctly.

Try again in black & white.
    The recipient's fax machine is not color-compatible. Press [Black] to resend the faxes. Alternatively, you can set <Color TX> to <Send in black & white>.

Failed to connect.
    The telephone line cable with a modular plug is not plugged in properly, or <Dial tone detect> is set to <ON>. Make sure that the cable is plugged in properly, and resend the fax after a while. If you still cannot send the fax, set <Dial tone detect> to <OFF>.

Received in memory.
    The machine was not able to print the received fax either because the paper size setting is incorrect or the ink has run out, and the fax is stored in memory. Correct the paper size setting or replace the ink tank. (See Replacing an Ink Tank.)

Busy/no signal
    The telephone number you dialed is busy.
    Try dialing again after waiting for a moment. See Redialing a Busy Number.

The fax number dialed was incorrect.
    Check the fax number and dial again.

The recipient's fax machine is not working.
    Contact the recipient and have them check their fax machine.

The recipient is not using a G3 machine.
    Contact the recipient and ask them to send or receive the document using a G3 machine.

The touch tone/rotary pulse setting on your machine is incorrect.
    Set your machine to the setting that matches your telephone line. See Setting the Telephone Line Type.

The receiving fax machine did not answer within 55 seconds (after all automatic redialing attempts).
    Contact the recipient and have them check their fax machine. For an overseas call, add pauses to the registered number.

Memory is full.
    The machine's memory is full because it has received too many documents, or a very long or detailed document.
    Contact the sender and have him/her divide and resend them.

The paper size is not correct. Change the page size you have set.
    The paper size setting is set to a size other than <A4>, <8.5" x 11" (215 x 279)>, or <8.5" x 14" (215 x 355)>.

Reset the paper size in the Settings screen. When feeding from the Auto Sheet Feeder, set it to <A4>, <8.5" x 11" (215 x 279)>, or <8.5" x 14" (215 x 355)>. When feeding from the cassette, set it to <A4> or <8.5" x 11" (215 x 279)>.

Change the paper. A4/8.5x11/8.5x14 Plain

Change the paper. A4/8.5x11 Plain paper

*[##] represents a two-digit figure.

+
    0 Votes
    voodoochile415

thanks for digging this up for me. i figured out how to open the front compartment a few days ago and discovered i purchased the unit with no ink cartridges, which is likely the error message. thats what you get from goodwill i guess....

+
    0 Votes

Ok

Jacky Howe

in future when I reply to something like this I am going to have to ask the very basics, instead of presuming. Like is it plugged in, is it connected to the computer. :)