Questions

Can't Connect to Client Computer Using SBS 2003 Remote Web Workspace

+
0 Votes

Can't Connect to Client Computer Using SBS 2003 Remote Web Workspace

alan
I am having trouble connecting to a client computer using SBS 2003 RWW outside of the LAN.
I CAN access OWA, "My Company's Page", and I can connect using the "SBS Connection Manager" or VPN while outside of the LAN. I CAN connect to a clients desktop through RWW when I am ON the LAN, using another clients computer.
What is causing me to not gain access when I am outside of the local area network? I'd assume that the proper firewall ports are open because I can access the sever through remote desktop and I can connect to the server using vpn, or SBS Connection Manager with all of the clients listed with "mobile" rights.
  • +
    0 Votes
    SWells

Check the firewall has the correct ports open !

Port Definition
    --------------------------------------------
    443 required for HTTPS
    444 Companyweb
    4125 Remote Web Workplace
    1723 VPN (plus GRE Protocol 47)
    3389 Terminal Services

You may not need ALL of these ports open, just open the ones you require.

+
    0 Votes
    rberry

did you ever fix this if so how please? I am having the same problem.

thanks

+
    0 Votes
    girardfrancois

Hey for troubleshooting this issue for 2 days and guess what !!! MY ISP '' internet service provider was blocking the port that SBS uses lol we had to switch to a Fix IP address then the ISP unblocked everything congigured my wan nic with cause we have ISA
    after the connection wizard in SBS reebooted the SErver then VOILA !! Good god these ISP

+
    0 Votes
    CptKirky

I had the exact same problem and after alot off hassle found that the user was using Firefox asked them to use IE and voila all is tickity boo!

• +
    0 Votes
    SWells

Check the firewall has the correct ports open !

Port Definition
    --------------------------------------------
    443 required for HTTPS
    444 Companyweb
    4125 Remote Web Workplace
    1723 VPN (plus GRE Protocol 47)
    3389 Terminal Services

You may not need ALL of these ports open, just open the ones you require.

+
    0 Votes
    rberry

did you ever fix this if so how please? I am having the same problem.

thanks

+
    0 Votes
    girardfrancois

Hey for troubleshooting this issue for 2 days and guess what !!! MY ISP '' internet service provider was blocking the port that SBS uses lol we had to switch to a Fix IP address then the ISP unblocked everything congigured my wan nic with cause we have ISA
    after the connection wizard in SBS reebooted the SErver then VOILA !! Good god these ISP

+
    0 Votes
    CptKirky

I had the exact same problem and after alot off hassle found that the user was using Firefox asked them to use IE and voila all is tickity boo!