Questions

Changing "Right Click" to open New Word 2007 Doc

+
0 Votes

Changing "Right Click" to open New Word 2007 Doc

illusionfive
You know when you are in a folder and you want to create a new word doc quickly, so
you use the Right Click (on mouse) to go to:

-> NEW

-> Microsoft Office Word Document

It ALWAYS creates a new document that has the Font Calabri 11 (and its making me insane)

I have changed the NORMAL template (and saved, but didn't change name) to font: "Times New Roman" 12

I have changed the default font inside Word 5 different ways in an open word doc (and checked the "apply to all NEW documents? etc, nothing works.

It will still always right click open a new word doc with the Original Calabri 11 font.

When I open a new word doc from my shortcut or the start menu it opens with my defaults, but I just want the right click open to do the same.

Try it on your desktop, I am sure no matter what you do to the NORMAL Template or to the fonts inside an open word doc (make default etc) a New Doc opened with the Right click will always open as Calabri font

When I dug around to see what the right click new doc opens with as a template, it says it uses the NORMAL template (and it the only template on my computer), but I am 100% that I changed that Template, as when I use the Word Shortcut (I placed on my desktop) it opens a doc with Times New Roman 12 as the font default.

How can I change whatever template the right click new document is using?

Can I somehow get into the Right Click Mouse buttons/options and change how it loads?
Thanks

Clarifications

drkumaraj

I have same problem. No success

+
0 Votes
.Martin.

mine seems to format it correctly...

are you following these steps???
On the Home tab, click the Font Dialog Box Launcher, and then click the Font tab.

Select the options that you want to apply to the default font, such as font style and font size.

Click Default, and then click Yes

+
0 Votes
Jacky Howe

Change the Normal template (Normal.dotm )

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HA100307561033.aspx

Creating Microsoft Office Word 2007 templates

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/HA102373631033.aspx

+
0 Votes
illusionfive

I shut down my computer last night and this morning the problem is solved. Restart?!?!?

Somehow the program was using the old version of the NORMAL.dotm even though it was changed (how I don't know)

+
0 Votes
drkumaraj

Restarting did not WORk