Questions

Cheap ways to provide remote access

+
0 Votes

Cheap ways to provide remote access

3girlz
Hi, currently our company allows users to log into our terminal server and work in there. We are experiencing a great deal of slowness and I am not sure why. I was thinking it is related to the fact that we are using 2 ip address for everything(websites, vpn, email) but also i feel it is related to this et up. I know Citrix access gateway is a great way for a virtual workspace but I am also looking for ways that a user can log in and save the files on their current workstation they are working on instead of working on the server..Am I clear? Please assist!!
  • +
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

The more that are Remote Connecting to the TS Server the slower it's going to be for everyone involved.

Also as this is a TS unit I'm assuming that they are running the Programs through Terminal Services from their User Accounts so everything is done off the Server. Just allowing them not to save any work to the TS Server will not affect performance that much. It would be better getting them to do the work remotely and then Sync with the TS Server when they log in and upload any Saved Files to the Server.

Col

• +
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

The more that are Remote Connecting to the TS Server the slower it's going to be for everyone involved.

Also as this is a TS unit I'm assuming that they are running the Programs through Terminal Services from their User Accounts so everything is done off the Server. Just allowing them not to save any work to the TS Server will not affect performance that much. It would be better getting them to do the work remotely and then Sync with the TS Server when they log in and upload any Saved Files to the Server.

Col