Questions

Cisco 7902 and 7912 phone calls breaking up

Tags:
+
0 Votes

Cisco 7902 and 7912 phone calls breaking up

smitchell
I am expieriencing calls breaking up on two models of Cisco phones, the 7902 and the 7912. I have 7940's and 7960's that work fine on the same 3560 POE router. They are all being ran by Cisco CallManager ver. 4.1 and each model phone has the latest software versions. Has anyone expierenced this problem?
  • +
    0 Votes
    Timbrewolf

If you don't already, you may want to turn Diffserv on since Cisco will automatically handle the voice packets QoS.

The other best practice is to VLAN your phones away from the network and setup QoS manually.

Breaking up, static, and performance issues are usually related to traffic management. I'm not familiar with those phones, but it could be the later models have some better packet management built in.

+
    0 Votes
    mjd420nova

Too many problems with breaking up and static can be caused by loose or improperly terminated RJ connectors, on both ends, not just the phone but any wall jacks and rack connections.

• +
    0 Votes
    Timbrewolf

If you don't already, you may want to turn Diffserv on since Cisco will automatically handle the voice packets QoS.

The other best practice is to VLAN your phones away from the network and setup QoS manually.

Breaking up, static, and performance issues are usually related to traffic management. I'm not familiar with those phones, but it could be the later models have some better packet management built in.

+
    0 Votes
    mjd420nova

Too many problems with breaking up and static can be caused by loose or improperly terminated RJ connectors, on both ends, not just the phone but any wall jacks and rack connections.