Questions

Cisco 837 Adsl Router Configuration Example Needed!

Tags:
+
0 Votes

Cisco 837 Adsl Router Configuration Example Needed!

matt
Evening all.

Please could I have some suggestions or an example config.

This is my setup

client--->Checkpoint VPN edge firewall----> cisco 837 ADSL router.

The telco has allocated a 1 static IP for connectivity and a range of public IP's to assign to the hardware interfaces.

example

client--------> Checkpoint VPN edge firewall----------------> cisco 837 ADSL router------->Internet

192.168.0.1/24------->192.168.0.2------->Public IP(81.x.x.x/27)--->Public IP(81.x.x.x/27-------->static IP for connectivity)

I am trying to setup a BOVPN (site to site vpn) using the checkpoint vpn edge firewall, however I seem to be having issues with e cisco config.

I have easily setup a standard ADSL connection with another router using a NATed config so the ADSL is not a problem, its just I am not having any success with the above topology.

Does the cisco router need to be setup as a bridge? It could that I am getting the ACL's wrong.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks
  • +
    0 Votes
    claire.hanna

Hi i am having similar problems where i want to use the 837 as a "modem" and then have the firewall behind it. I cant get it to work at at all. I have 5 public ip addresses. I hoped to use 1 on the cisco eth 0 and leave ip unnumbered on dialer 1. Then use the other addresses for firewall, webservers etc.
    If you got it working could you post a config
    Thanks
    Claire

• +
    0 Votes
    claire.hanna

Hi i am having similar problems where i want to use the 837 as a "modem" and then have the firewall behind it. I cant get it to work at at all. I have 5 public ip addresses. I hoped to use 1 on the cisco eth 0 and leave ip unnumbered on dialer 1. Then use the other addresses for firewall, webservers etc.
    If you got it working could you post a config
    Thanks
    Claire