Questions

Cisco 850 Series

Tags:
+
0 Votes

Cisco 850 Series

Chuckybear
Folks I have a Cisco 851W series router that I somehow trying to configure it, erased the IOS and can only boot to rommon. I am following Cisco's website on how to load a IOS image from TFTP server, however where can I find the Cisco IOS image or bin file?? I have the cisco SDM that have come with the router, but cannot find this image. Can I download this from Cisco's website for free? Or do I need to be some sort of paying member? What is a recommended course of action or is there something I am missing a more experienced Cisco user can recommend. I potentially have a buddy that has a similar model router would that help if he somehow backed up his bin image so I use? Thanks for your time and help on this from a novice cisco user!
  • +
    0 Votes
    cmiller5400

You need to be on a support contract I believe to download IOS image files from Cisco. Contact them and explain what happened.

+
    0 Votes
    Chuckybear

cmiller5400 thanks for the reply. I am a little shocked to understand that the IOS does not come one some sort of cd that came with the router. I know I did something I shouldn't have done, but I am sure that could happen in the real world and how would one get the IOS back if they are not some sort of reseller. I will give them a call and see what they say I just hope they don't **** me off. Thanks again!

+
    0 Votes
    cmiller5400

You just have to have a contract with them. You may need to prove ownership of the router before they will "open" the download site to you.

+
    0 Votes
    Chuckybear

I called them to see what could be done. My router is out of warranty so they wouldn't give me the time of day. I have the CD that came with the router, no bin file located on the CD. Could it be embedded somewhere on the CD. Again I am a novice with Cisco Routers and learning my way, thanks!

• +
    0 Votes
    cmiller5400

You need to be on a support contract I believe to download IOS image files from Cisco. Contact them and explain what happened.

+
    0 Votes
    Chuckybear

cmiller5400 thanks for the reply. I am a little shocked to understand that the IOS does not come one some sort of cd that came with the router. I know I did something I shouldn't have done, but I am sure that could happen in the real world and how would one get the IOS back if they are not some sort of reseller. I will give them a call and see what they say I just hope they don't **** me off. Thanks again!

+
    0 Votes
    cmiller5400

You just have to have a contract with them. You may need to prove ownership of the router before they will "open" the download site to you.

+
    0 Votes
    Chuckybear

I called them to see what could be done. My router is out of warranty so they wouldn't give me the time of day. I have the CD that came with the router, no bin file located on the CD. Could it be embedded somewhere on the CD. Again I am a novice with Cisco Routers and learning my way, thanks!