Questions

Cisco 851w drops WAN connection

+
0 Votes

Cisco 851w drops WAN connection

info
Hello everyone.

I?ve been with this problem for a while. After reseting the router, it starts working fine. After 2 or 3 days it stalls the Wan connection or works at a very low rate loosing packets all the time ( tested with ping from within the router ).

Seems to be the router and not the external connection ( fixed IP with a WiMax connection )as only reseting the router fixes everything.

Has anyone found this same problem and fixed it?
Thanks a lot for the help. This is driving me nuts.

Rgds
Ricardo
  • +
    0 Votes
    Repcsi

I don't wanna be a jerk trying to be clever but the problem can be originated from a lot of things. I don't have any experience with WiMax connections (I live in the bowels of the devil:D), but if it needs some kind of authentication like I suppose (from reading about it) there can be a problem with the device after the router.

If you can test this, and you are sure that it's the router that's slowing down, you should try another IOS, maybe there is a bug in your version.

You can even monitor the resources on your router from the CLI with "show processess memory" and "show cpu memory". If it loses its resources maybe you have an enemy or a leak?

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Repcsi

• +
    0 Votes
    Repcsi

I don't wanna be a jerk trying to be clever but the problem can be originated from a lot of things. I don't have any experience with WiMax connections (I live in the bowels of the devil:D), but if it needs some kind of authentication like I suppose (from reading about it) there can be a problem with the device after the router.

If you can test this, and you are sure that it's the router that's slowing down, you should try another IOS, maybe there is a bug in your version.

You can even monitor the resources on your router from the CLI with "show processess memory" and "show cpu memory". If it loses its resources maybe you have an enemy or a leak?

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Repcsi