Questions

Cisco ASA 5505 write memory

+
0 Votes

Cisco ASA 5505 write memory

markjohnpili
Hi ive been having problem in asa 5505 , I already set to default config the asa and reload, when I try to change some data and using "write memory" it confirm that it save , when I reload the asa it get back to the default configuration .

Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 8.0(4)
hoping for a positive reply's...thanks..
  • +
    1 Votes
    robo_dev

could be corrupted

+
    0 Votes
    markjohnpili

Hi robo how can I check if the fsck flash are corrupted?sorry for this im new ate this asa..thanks

+
    0 Votes
    markjohnpili

Hi Robo

if I will used format command with out back up the data on it is it alright ?does it will reload the right data on it or i will load a new data? I already try fsck flash and its still the same after I reload the changes i made it return to the old configuration .thanks

+
    0 Votes
    CkITout

Check the configuration register.

Not sure about the values for the ASA family but I forgot one time while upgrading a router; made all changes, saved, rebooted.
    Went back to default.....
    Did this a couple of times until I noticed the message in boot log.
    silly silly......

• +
    1 Votes
    robo_dev

could be corrupted

+
    0 Votes
    markjohnpili

Hi robo how can I check if the fsck flash are corrupted?sorry for this im new ate this asa..thanks

+
    0 Votes
    markjohnpili

Hi Robo

if I will used format command with out back up the data on it is it alright ?does it will reload the right data on it or i will load a new data? I already try fsck flash and its still the same after I reload the changes i made it return to the old configuration .thanks

+
    0 Votes
    CkITout

Check the configuration register.

Not sure about the values for the ASA family but I forgot one time while upgrading a router; made all changes, saved, rebooted.
    Went back to default.....
    Did this a couple of times until I noticed the message in boot log.
    silly silly......