Questions

CISCO Router 1841 Resetting to the factory Default

+
0 Votes

CISCO Router 1841 Resetting to the factory Default

pusabir
Hi,

I can't able to connect to one of my Cisco Routers (1841) either thru console or tru telnet. I changed the memory and still i couldn't able to connect. So please help me in this regard as my network is down for a while.

I need to reset it to a fcatory default and then i can do the confgiuration.

So please help in this regard

Thanx

Sabir
  • +
    1 Votes
    Labrat636

..and access the rom monitor, then your router may be defective. At the very least, you have to be able to connect to the rom monitor through the console port. Telnet won't work unless the router is booted with the IOS.

+
    0 Votes
    zulfqar.ali

Connect your router to your pc using the console cable( usualy blue or blace flat rollover) and start f.ex. HyperTerminal to connect using com1 or com2 etc.

Now Turn off the router and then turn the router on as the router boots press break key to interrupt the boot sequence. On prompt select the option to reset to factory default setting. Note if on the subsequent boot router prompts you for initial setup insted of using the startup-config then change change startup register to select the startup-config at boot time.

HTH
    Zulfqar

+
    0 Votes
    ramece_cpt

Before resetting router ...first you take the backup of ur configuration

SRP#erase Startup-config
    SRP#reload
    Are you want to save the configuration[yes/no]? NO

Now the router boots with default factory settings

S.RAMPRASATH BCA
    Network Engineer

• +
    1 Votes
    Labrat636

..and access the rom monitor, then your router may be defective. At the very least, you have to be able to connect to the rom monitor through the console port. Telnet won't work unless the router is booted with the IOS.

+
    0 Votes
    zulfqar.ali

Connect your router to your pc using the console cable( usualy blue or blace flat rollover) and start f.ex. HyperTerminal to connect using com1 or com2 etc.

Now Turn off the router and then turn the router on as the router boots press break key to interrupt the boot sequence. On prompt select the option to reset to factory default setting. Note if on the subsequent boot router prompts you for initial setup insted of using the startup-config then change change startup register to select the startup-config at boot time.

HTH
    Zulfqar

+
    0 Votes
    ramece_cpt

Before resetting router ...first you take the backup of ur configuration

SRP#erase Startup-config
    SRP#reload
    Are you want to save the configuration[yes/no]? NO

Now the router boots with default factory settings

S.RAMPRASATH BCA
    Network Engineer