Questions

compaq evo D510

Tags:
+
0 Votes

compaq evo D510

cfuller777
My compaq evo D510 was powering on and off intermittently when I tried to turn it on. I sometimes had to wait and unplug it and plug it back in. Then it finally quit powering up. I tried different memory and power supply. No help. The lights do come on the board. I can hit the switch and it lights up showing connection with the switch. Someone posted similar issue last year but no comment. But he called the power button a microswitch.He wasn't sure if he should jump it. Can anybody help? cfuller777
  • +
    0 Votes
    IC-IT

If it was powering off while in operation, that would seem to indicate a heat issue. Likely from the CPU heat sink.
    If you meant would sometimes power up, sometimes not, then it was likely the power supply.
    Since you have replaced the power supply it may now mean the CPU or Motherboard is belly up.

Try disconnecting power from everything except the motherboard and see if it will post.

+
    0 Votes
    IndianaTux

Had this same issue with a D510 SFF. Hooked it up to a different monitor and just happened to VERY BRIEFLY catch the message "No Case Fan Detected. Shutting down to prevent damage to the CPU"

• +
    0 Votes
    IC-IT

If it was powering off while in operation, that would seem to indicate a heat issue. Likely from the CPU heat sink.
    If you meant would sometimes power up, sometimes not, then it was likely the power supply.
    Since you have replaced the power supply it may now mean the CPU or Motherboard is belly up.

Try disconnecting power from everything except the motherboard and see if it will post.

+
    0 Votes
    IndianaTux

Had this same issue with a D510 SFF. Hooked it up to a different monitor and just happened to VERY BRIEFLY catch the message "No Case Fan Detected. Shutting down to prevent damage to the CPU"