Questions

Configure USB 727 Modem for Wireless access

+
0 Votes

Configure USB 727 Modem for Wireless access

sailmor
How can I use my Novatel Wireless USB727 with a Linksys router in order to access the internet wirelessly on other computers in the building? I am told that I can plug in the USB727 to one computer, then connect a Linksys router to the Ethernet port on the same computer enabling wireless internet access by other computers within the same building. How is this to be set up to share in this way?
  • +
    0 Votes
    lakeffect

Install the modem on a desktop unit and enable ICS. Run an ethernet cable from the NIC on the desktop to one of the ports on the wireless router (not the internet port).
    Disable DHCP on the router and let ICS assign
    the IP adresses. I have my network set up this way and it works fine. Only problem is it requires the host PC to be logged on and connected all the time for other users to get on.

• +
    0 Votes
    lakeffect

Install the modem on a desktop unit and enable ICS. Run an ethernet cable from the NIC on the desktop to one of the ports on the wireless router (not the internet port).
    Disable DHCP on the router and let ICS assign
    the IP adresses. I have my network set up this way and it works fine. Only problem is it requires the host PC to be logged on and connected all the time for other users to get on.