Questions

CONFIGURING TRENDNET TEW-452BRP WIRELESS ROUTER AS AN ACCESS POINT.

+
0 Votes

CONFIGURING TRENDNET TEW-452BRP WIRELESS ROUTER AS AN ACCESS POINT.

orindze
hi i happen to purchase trendnet's tew-452BRP wirreless router. this was when i needed a router for my network. now i use a linux box configured for my specific needs.
the problem is i want to add wireless to my existing lan network using the wireless router as an access point. this is my existing lay out.
internet-->linux box-->server-->switch-->lan

i have tried connecting the 452brp to the switch,using it's lan portand diabled DHCP and routing ability. but my wireless lap top does not connect to the internet althouh it connects to the AP. once iconnected briefly but when i check the data rate in the utility that came with the trendnet it was inconsistent
and almost always zero kbs.
note that i need the server to be the gateway for the access point so i can monitor users using a billing software.i am going nuts about how to set this up for days. please someone help me.
  • +
    0 Votes
    jeffsmaildotcom

I have a TrendNet TEW452BRP, with Firmware Version: 4.00,8 Sep 2006. In my wireless:basic tab, I have on option to enable "AP Mode". This disables the DHCP on the trendnet. I am getting an IP address from my lans DHCP (connected to the trendnet's wan port). However after doing this I am not longer able to log into the TrendNet to configure it. I can only hit the reset button to lose all setting then I can log in. I had to set the router's setting before enabling the AP mode. (I was lucky I backuped my settings). This feature is there, but it is not in any documentation that I can find.

Let me know if you get it to work. Also let me know if you can log into the router after enabling the AP mode.

+
    0 Votes
    tyee77

I know this thread is old, but want to post in case this helps others. I was having the same problem of not being able to log in to the router after selecting AP mode. After resetting the router and restoring my settings, before again selecting AP mode, I set the router's own IP address to an IP address that was within the uplink router's DHCP address range. For example, my Trendnet's default address is 192.168.1.1 and I changed it to 192.168.1.70. (Previously I had being setting it to 192.168.2.1 so that it wouldn't inferfere with my uplink router's range of 192.168.1.1-254.) Now I am able to log in to the Trendnet router using the above 192.168.1.70 address!

• +
    0 Votes
    jeffsmaildotcom

I have a TrendNet TEW452BRP, with Firmware Version: 4.00,8 Sep 2006. In my wireless:basic tab, I have on option to enable "AP Mode". This disables the DHCP on the trendnet. I am getting an IP address from my lans DHCP (connected to the trendnet's wan port). However after doing this I am not longer able to log into the TrendNet to configure it. I can only hit the reset button to lose all setting then I can log in. I had to set the router's setting before enabling the AP mode. (I was lucky I backuped my settings). This feature is there, but it is not in any documentation that I can find.

Let me know if you get it to work. Also let me know if you can log into the router after enabling the AP mode.

+
    0 Votes
    tyee77

I know this thread is old, but want to post in case this helps others. I was having the same problem of not being able to log in to the router after selecting AP mode. After resetting the router and restoring my settings, before again selecting AP mode, I set the router's own IP address to an IP address that was within the uplink router's DHCP address range. For example, my Trendnet's default address is 192.168.1.1 and I changed it to 192.168.1.70. (Previously I had being setting it to 192.168.2.1 so that it wouldn't inferfere with my uplink router's range of 192.168.1.1-254.) Now I am able to log in to the Trendnet router using the above 192.168.1.70 address!