Questions

connecting a netgear WGT624v2 to Comcast ISP

Tags:
+
0 Votes

connecting a netgear WGT624v2 to Comcast ISP

sseaberg
I am currently trying set up my wireless netwrok at home, we just switch to comcast service from DSL but I am unable to set up the netwrok. Comcast says that because I am using a seperate wireless router, that is what is causing a conflict and the reason why I am unable to use it. Netgear stated, sorry the item is out of warranty and we can not help you.

Anyone have some ideas???
  • +
    0 Votes
    mikex

Connect control PC/Laptop to 1 of your router 4 network ports with a cable(do not connect cable to WAN port - separate from others), open a browser=>type in address bar: 192.168.1.1=>user= admin, password=password=>this should bring you to your router control windows=>Clone MAC address in wan section if wizard is not working=>Setup all Wireless, DHCP (LAN), and security settings, WAN section should be obtained automatically from Comcast...

+
    0 Votes
    dddelan

Comcast Cable Modem issue with Netgear wireless router

I?ve just signed up and had installed the Comcast Triple (Phone, Internet, TV) package

For the internet / phone Comcast supplied an Arris Tm 602g/ct modem. This is a combination modem with internet and voip in one unit.

For wireless I have a netgear wireless router wgt624 v2. At first I couldn?t get this router to work. Then I read the posts bout cloning the MAC address in the router. This router is now configured with the right MAC address and seems to work.

However, here is the issue: Basically, I can only have one device connected via wireless at a time.

When two or more devices are connected via the wireless router the one of connections is interrupted . I have tested this over and over.

Is there a solution?

+
    0 Votes
    ThumbsUp2

Asking the same question in two different places causes confusion. See your own posted question for answers.

http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-1035-0.html?forumID=101&threadID=302923

• +
    0 Votes
    mikex

Connect control PC/Laptop to 1 of your router 4 network ports with a cable(do not connect cable to WAN port - separate from others), open a browser=>type in address bar: 192.168.1.1=>user= admin, password=password=>this should bring you to your router control windows=>Clone MAC address in wan section if wizard is not working=>Setup all Wireless, DHCP (LAN), and security settings, WAN section should be obtained automatically from Comcast...

+
    0 Votes
    dddelan

Comcast Cable Modem issue with Netgear wireless router

I?ve just signed up and had installed the Comcast Triple (Phone, Internet, TV) package

For the internet / phone Comcast supplied an Arris Tm 602g/ct modem. This is a combination modem with internet and voip in one unit.

For wireless I have a netgear wireless router wgt624 v2. At first I couldn?t get this router to work. Then I read the posts bout cloning the MAC address in the router. This router is now configured with the right MAC address and seems to work.

However, here is the issue: Basically, I can only have one device connected via wireless at a time.

When two or more devices are connected via the wireless router the one of connections is interrupted . I have tested this over and over.

Is there a solution?

+
    0 Votes
    ThumbsUp2

Asking the same question in two different places causes confusion. See your own posted question for answers.

http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-1035-0.html?forumID=101&threadID=302923