Questions

connecting d-link dir 300 router with dsl

Tags:
+
0 Votes

connecting d-link dir 300 router with dsl

afnan777
hi,
ii bought a d link dir 300 wireless router in a bid to create wifi environment at home. the problem is i can connect internet n my wifi enabled laptop, after i configure the isp provided ip settings in wireless lan adaptor tc/ipv4 settings. i cant connect other devices to the router wirelssly like cel phone or other laptop.
do i need to keep n e pc powered on all the time or do i need n e mor hardware?
please help!
  • +
    0 Votes
    robo_dev

handles the DSL connection. So you configure the username/password settings in the router and it will establish and maintain the DSL connection.

You mention connecting 'cell phone' to wireless router...that is not possible as it is not the same wireless radio technology.

From there you can connect other PCs via wireless or wired networking with minimal configuration.

+
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

I can not find any information on the DIR 300 but if it is like the DIR 330 it is a straight Router.

What you need to do here is setup the Modem supplied by the ISP and when that is working plug the CAT5 Cable into the UpLink Port of the Router. Then with a Cable connecting the Router to a computer enter the Routers Setup and set as required but you Do Not need to add any ISP Data into it as that is handled by the Modem. You need here to setup the Router with what you require and this includes the possibility of Limiting the number of Concurrent Connections through the WiFi Connection and whatever Security that it has available. You should try using WAP2 and changing the PassPhrase from the default to something else as all D Link Routers have the same PassPhrase. Also check to make sure that the Router has the latest Firmware Update installed and if it hasn't install the newest one available.

Col

• +
    0 Votes
    robo_dev

handles the DSL connection. So you configure the username/password settings in the router and it will establish and maintain the DSL connection.

You mention connecting 'cell phone' to wireless router...that is not possible as it is not the same wireless radio technology.

From there you can connect other PCs via wireless or wired networking with minimal configuration.

+
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

I can not find any information on the DIR 300 but if it is like the DIR 330 it is a straight Router.

What you need to do here is setup the Modem supplied by the ISP and when that is working plug the CAT5 Cable into the UpLink Port of the Router. Then with a Cable connecting the Router to a computer enter the Routers Setup and set as required but you Do Not need to add any ISP Data into it as that is handled by the Modem. You need here to setup the Router with what you require and this includes the possibility of Limiting the number of Concurrent Connections through the WiFi Connection and whatever Security that it has available. You should try using WAP2 and changing the PassPhrase from the default to something else as all D Link Routers have the same PassPhrase. Also check to make sure that the Router has the latest Firmware Update installed and if it hasn't install the newest one available.

Col