Questions

Create and save default options in Excel 2007

Tags:
+
0 Votes

Create and save default options in Excel 2007

david.hanshumaker
This is off today's topic, but I cannot figure out how to save the options I set in an Excel 2007 worksheet so that any new worksheets in that workbook, or in new workbooks will come up with those settings. E.g., worksheet size - 75%, font - 12, row height - 22, grid lines color - 50% gray. This can be set in one worksheet, or many can be selected and all set at once, but it doesn't save. Am I missing something?
  • +
    0 Votes
    BFilmFan

Follow these steps:

Create a workbook that contains the sheets, default text (such as page headers and column and row labels), formulas, macros, styles, zoom percentage, and other formatting you want in new workbooks that you base on the template.

On the File menu, click Save As.
    In the Save as type box, click Template (*.xlt).
    In the Save in box, select the folder where you want to store the template.

To create the default workbook template, select the XLStart folder in the Microsoft Excel folder. (You'll probably find the XLStart folder in c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\office\ )
    In the File name box, type BOOK to create a default workbook template.

+
    0 Votes

Re:

Jakes12345

I'm totally agree with Bfilmfan,,,I never knew the answer before this. Can you (Bfilmfan) give me some basic view about Market data excel for which i used one company services .You can check about the company profile here : http://www.livevol.com/options-excel.html

• +
    0 Votes
    BFilmFan

Follow these steps:

Create a workbook that contains the sheets, default text (such as page headers and column and row labels), formulas, macros, styles, zoom percentage, and other formatting you want in new workbooks that you base on the template.

On the File menu, click Save As.
    In the Save as type box, click Template (*.xlt).
    In the Save in box, select the folder where you want to store the template.

To create the default workbook template, select the XLStart folder in the Microsoft Excel folder. (You'll probably find the XLStart folder in c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\office\ )
    In the File name box, type BOOK to create a default workbook template.

+
    0 Votes

Re:

Jakes12345

I'm totally agree with Bfilmfan,,,I never knew the answer before this. Can you (Bfilmfan) give me some basic view about Market data excel for which i used one company services .You can check about the company profile here : http://www.livevol.com/options-excel.html