Questions

Deleting an email from Outlook 2003 Outbox

+
0 Votes

Deleting an email from Outlook 2003 Outbox

mgraham467
I tried to send an email with a large attachment and it couldn't be sent because it was too large. It's sitting in my Outbox and I can't delete it. Can someone tell me how to delete it?

Thanks
  • +
    0 Votes
    HAL 9000 Moderator

And then set about removing the contents from there. If you are unable to delete it there you can change it's destination to yourself as a test message with everything removed and then delete it from the Sent Items and received items.

Of course if this is on a Network with a server you may have problems getting rid of it depending on what Mail System is being used. But if you still have it locally you can move it to the Drafts Folder and work on it from there.

Col

+
    0 Votes
    mgraham467

Hi Hal:

Thanks soooooo much! It worked!

• +
    0 Votes
    HAL 9000 Moderator

And then set about removing the contents from there. If you are unable to delete it there you can change it's destination to yourself as a test message with everything removed and then delete it from the Sent Items and received items.

Of course if this is on a Network with a server you may have problems getting rid of it depending on what Mail System is being used. But if you still have it locally you can move it to the Drafts Folder and work on it from there.

Col

+
    0 Votes
    mgraham467

Hi Hal:

Thanks soooooo much! It worked!