Dell C640 wont turn on

+
0 Votes

Dell C640 wont turn on

mjcoquia
No power

Clarifications

PurpleSkys Moderator

more info...what happened beforehand? did it just suddenly die or did it start acting up for a while before it died?

Texas T

Hello? Do you have any additional information?
I posted several questions below - and we need more info!

• +
    0 Votes
    CoreyRosinski86

I know this may sound simple, and sorry if you've already tried it, but maybe this could be your charger (power cord). Also, hopefully you haven't spilled any liquids on because the water damage could cause it to not power up. Also, it could be because you've had it in environments that are too hot or too cold. Check it out. Hope this helps!

+
    1 Votes
    Texas T

What is it doing when you press the power button? Does it beep? Do any lights flash on the palm-rest base or up by the LCD hinge above the keys? Can you hear anything in the chassis powering up? If you look really, really close, can you see anything on the screen (like it is super-dim) or is it black-black?
    Just saying, "It won't boot" is very vague... there are too many avenues that one could go down to troubleshoot it. :)

• +
    0 Votes
    CoreyRosinski86

I know this may sound simple, and sorry if you've already tried it, but maybe this could be your charger (power cord). Also, hopefully you haven't spilled any liquids on because the water damage could cause it to not power up. Also, it could be because you've had it in environments that are too hot or too cold. Check it out. Hope this helps!

+
    1 Votes
    Texas T

What is it doing when you press the power button? Does it beep? Do any lights flash on the palm-rest base or up by the LCD hinge above the keys? Can you hear anything in the chassis powering up? If you look really, really close, can you see anything on the screen (like it is super-dim) or is it black-black?
    Just saying, "It won't boot" is very vague... there are too many avenues that one could go down to troubleshoot it. :)