Questions

Dell Diminssion 9100 power supply?

+
0 Votes

Dell Diminssion 9100 power supply?

sanwardak
Hi
I need to replace Dell Dimension 9100 power supply, I cant find one, and dell will ship it about $120 to 135, which I don't want to pay that much.

Regards
  • +
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

Interesting not a way I've ever heard a PS described before.

But on a more serious note those Dell PS's are not a Standard Size and you are sort of stuffed. You need to use the Dell PS because the Power Supply Makers do not make Odd Size Power Supplies. The only thing that may come close is a Redundant PS as used in some IBM Servers but they are even more expensive than the Dell Units and as they are a Backup PS they shouldn't be used as a continuous PS.

Of course you could always transfer everything to another case and it would still come in under the cost of a Dell Nonstandard PS with the added advantage that it's likely to last longer and not need expensive nonstandard bits when it breaks again. Also if you where to use one of the Better Power Supplies you would be sure that any Spikes where stopped at the PS and not passed onto the Electronics inside the case shorting their lives.

Col

+
    0 Votes
    sanwardak

Ok thanks

+
    0 Votes
    emp.bob

would be to purchase a referb power supply. I've purchased from this place before and had no issues with them:
    http://www.discountelectronics.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2775&gclid=CKe_sMrXxa0CFYFx4Aod5UscBg

• +
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

Interesting not a way I've ever heard a PS described before.

But on a more serious note those Dell PS's are not a Standard Size and you are sort of stuffed. You need to use the Dell PS because the Power Supply Makers do not make Odd Size Power Supplies. The only thing that may come close is a Redundant PS as used in some IBM Servers but they are even more expensive than the Dell Units and as they are a Backup PS they shouldn't be used as a continuous PS.

Of course you could always transfer everything to another case and it would still come in under the cost of a Dell Nonstandard PS with the added advantage that it's likely to last longer and not need expensive nonstandard bits when it breaks again. Also if you where to use one of the Better Power Supplies you would be sure that any Spikes where stopped at the PS and not passed onto the Electronics inside the case shorting their lives.

Col

+
    0 Votes
    sanwardak

Ok thanks

+
    0 Votes
    emp.bob

would be to purchase a referb power supply. I've purchased from this place before and had no issues with them:
    http://www.discountelectronics.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2775&gclid=CKe_sMrXxa0CFYFx4Aod5UscBg