Questions

dellpower edge sc1420 not detecting memory

Tags:
+
0 Votes

dellpower edge sc1420 not detecting memory

eltonpiko
hi all i have a dell poweredge sc1420 when i power it on give six beep in order 1-3-2 and indicator light A-green B-orange C-green D-orange.

the system have 2 gb ram.
1gb in dimm1 and another in dimm 2. i try to start the system with only 1 module. still doesn't work try to put a known working module in dimm 1 still doesn't work.

can anybody help
  • +
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

Like all Server Products this Board uses ECC RAM the more expensive RAM not the common Non ECC Ram used in Desktops.

Col

+
    0 Votes
    eltonpiko

hi i have two samsung 1gb 1rx4 pc2-3200r-333-12-c3.

i tried a know ddr2 ram from a normal deskotp pc but still it doesnt work with it get same error.

is it posible for 2 module to be deffective at same time?

+
    0 Votes

so, it is more likely a fault in the motherboard somewhere, in regards to the memory
    slots not making connection, OR, possibly shorted out by contact to the case. Check
    for any obvious signs of cross-circuits or shorts, if none seen then you may need to
    check on replacing the mortherboard.

+
    0 Votes
    eltonpiko

hi i forgot to mention also that Iv tried both the of the server ram in a normal desktop pc that support ddr2 ram and they do not boot.

+
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

That's normal as most Desktop system can not use ECC RAM. You need to test the RAM on a M'Board that uses ECC RAM to see if it's working.

Col

• +
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

Like all Server Products this Board uses ECC RAM the more expensive RAM not the common Non ECC Ram used in Desktops.

Col

+
    0 Votes
    eltonpiko

hi i have two samsung 1gb 1rx4 pc2-3200r-333-12-c3.

i tried a know ddr2 ram from a normal deskotp pc but still it doesnt work with it get same error.

is it posible for 2 module to be deffective at same time?

+
    0 Votes

so, it is more likely a fault in the motherboard somewhere, in regards to the memory
    slots not making connection, OR, possibly shorted out by contact to the case. Check
    for any obvious signs of cross-circuits or shorts, if none seen then you may need to
    check on replacing the mortherboard.

+
    0 Votes
    eltonpiko

hi i forgot to mention also that Iv tried both the of the server ram in a normal desktop pc that support ddr2 ram and they do not boot.

+
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

That's normal as most Desktop system can not use ECC RAM. You need to test the RAM on a M'Board that uses ECC RAM to see if it's working.

Col