Answer for:

Do i learn html or html5 to become professional website designer?

Message 18 of 19

View entire thread
0 Votes

Microsoft's learning website (search "microsoft exam 70-480" to find) recommends that you have "1 to 2 years experience developing with HTML in an object-oriented, event-driven programming model" before taking this exam. That means something like PHP or ASP dot NET. If you're a beginner, I recommend building your own website (maybe use it for a blog or something like that). You'll quickly learn how the building blocks of a markup language (HTML for content and structure and CSS for visual formatting) along with the building blocks of an object-oriented programming language (PHP or ASP) come together. Specifically, the Microsoft 70-480 exam is very top-heavy with requirements related directly to HTML5 itself (the "canvas," SVG graphics, storage and AppCache API's - to name a few). You better learn the basics before delving into those; there's simply no way to grasp those concepts without a base working knowledge that will take, as I said, 1 to 2 years to establish. You will eventually grow in knowledge to the point where your web application uses dynamic data (usually database-driven, but flat-file is okay too, in some cases). It won't be until you get to the point where you're building structured, dynamic websites that you'll need to learn about XML, JSON, XMLHTTPRequest and so forth. If it sounds like a lot of work, it is; and it takes years of experience to get good at it. Both the journey and the rewards will be worth your time, so get started!