Questions

Does Exchange server 2007 32b work after the 120 trial license is expired?

+
0 Votes

Does Exchange server 2007 32b work after the 120 trial license is expired?

Podium78
Hi all,
I have an old server which has windows 2003 server 32bit and an Exchange server 2007 32bit (trial/testing) , it was a side for few year and now I have to migrate our emails from an external hosting company to this server. I found the license but it is 64bit, which means we have to buy 64bit OS and reinstall everything again.
My question is: does Exchange server works after the 120 days are passed? Because now after I configured it I can send and receive emails internally and login to OWA internally but I can
  • +
    0 Votes
    gechurch

Microsoft are often pretty lenient in server software, and let you continue using it to give you time to get legit or migrate away to something different. I don't know what happens to the Exchange 2007 trial after 120 days, but it doesn't matter. You're using the software illegally by continuing to run the trial. No-one here can help you get around that. Either try to find a 32-bit copy (Trinity Software Distribution, of discount-licensing.com might be able to help), or more sensibly - see this as an opportunity to upgrade. Server 2003 is a decade old now, and the 4GB limit is very limiting for Exchange (I'm assuming you are running on half-decent hardware, with relatively new hard drives). Hardware is cheap, downtime and lost emails are not. Spend a little cash and do it properly. If management don't want to do that then look at Office 365 or Google. But don't spend your valuable time trying to get a trial of Exchange working illegally.

• +
    0 Votes
    gechurch

Microsoft are often pretty lenient in server software, and let you continue using it to give you time to get legit or migrate away to something different. I don't know what happens to the Exchange 2007 trial after 120 days, but it doesn't matter. You're using the software illegally by continuing to run the trial. No-one here can help you get around that. Either try to find a 32-bit copy (Trinity Software Distribution, of discount-licensing.com might be able to help), or more sensibly - see this as an opportunity to upgrade. Server 2003 is a decade old now, and the 4GB limit is very limiting for Exchange (I'm assuming you are running on half-decent hardware, with relatively new hard drives). Hardware is cheap, downtime and lost emails are not. Spend a little cash and do it properly. If management don't want to do that then look at Office 365 or Google. But don't spend your valuable time trying to get a trial of Exchange working illegally.