Questions

drivers for lexmark all in one 5470

Tags:
+
0 Votes

drivers for lexmark all in one 5470

pt_warrior_angel
I bought a all in one fax, scanner printer from lexmark, model number 5470, but the problm is they do not supply the drivers for windows 98 any more, any one has any idea how i can get them?
  • +
    0 Votes
    1bn0

This is a current product.

Listed Operating System support is:

Windows XP
    Windows XP Professional x64
    Windows Vista (x64)
    Windows 2000
    Windows Vista
    Windows Server 2003

Mac OS X

You could try contacting Lexmark Technical support. They MIGHT be able to tel you if an older products driver package could be used.

Even if an older driver is compatable it will likely be limited to printing support ony.

The other features of the device would only be accessable from the panel controls, if any.

Unfortunately, the manufacturers do not see the market for printers compatable with WIndows 9X even though there millions of them still in service. Many are handed down or sold to people who do not have the financial resources to invest in new computer technology. The lack of peripheral support further undermines the value of these machine. It is a waste of perfectly servicable technology.

+
    0 Votes
    dghere

When I purchased this printer I made sure to check the box and it stated it was compatable for Windows 98 and Windows ME. If I had know that is wasn't supported then I wouldn't have purchased. The box is giving false information.

Thanks.

+
    0 Votes
    dghere

I have the same problem. I just bought my Lexmark 5470 all in one 8-1-07 and when I went to install the drivers they would not install. I went to the Lexmark website to see if I could get the new ones. I was imformed that Microsoft in it's infanite stupidity has stopped the licensing for any operationg system before windows 2000 as of 6-30-07. I need the drivers for Windows ME. I was told by lexmark that I need to update my OS, I wish that I could but my comp will die if I try and then there is the fact I don't have the cash to buy a new comp. In other words I'm screwed, does anyperson know where or how I can get the drivers for a Lexmark 5470 that will work on a Windows ME system.

Thanks.

• +
    0 Votes
    1bn0

This is a current product.

Listed Operating System support is:

Windows XP
    Windows XP Professional x64
    Windows Vista (x64)
    Windows 2000
    Windows Vista
    Windows Server 2003

Mac OS X

You could try contacting Lexmark Technical support. They MIGHT be able to tel you if an older products driver package could be used.

Even if an older driver is compatable it will likely be limited to printing support ony.

The other features of the device would only be accessable from the panel controls, if any.

Unfortunately, the manufacturers do not see the market for printers compatable with WIndows 9X even though there millions of them still in service. Many are handed down or sold to people who do not have the financial resources to invest in new computer technology. The lack of peripheral support further undermines the value of these machine. It is a waste of perfectly servicable technology.

+
    0 Votes
    dghere

When I purchased this printer I made sure to check the box and it stated it was compatable for Windows 98 and Windows ME. If I had know that is wasn't supported then I wouldn't have purchased. The box is giving false information.

Thanks.

+
    0 Votes
    dghere

I have the same problem. I just bought my Lexmark 5470 all in one 8-1-07 and when I went to install the drivers they would not install. I went to the Lexmark website to see if I could get the new ones. I was imformed that Microsoft in it's infanite stupidity has stopped the licensing for any operationg system before windows 2000 as of 6-30-07. I need the drivers for Windows ME. I was told by lexmark that I need to update my OS, I wish that I could but my comp will die if I try and then there is the fact I don't have the cash to buy a new comp. In other words I'm screwed, does anyperson know where or how I can get the drivers for a Lexmark 5470 that will work on a Windows ME system.

Thanks.