Answer for:

Duel sound cards

Message 9 of 14

View entire thread
0 Votes

is a Y cable, or a sound card with more than one output.

Check your Audigy, I know mine has more than one output so can handle speakers and headphones at the same time. The manuals are usually available online if you don't have one handy. Then you can use the volume on the speakers to turn it down and then listen to the headphones.

The other alternative - there are some speakers with a headphone jack in them - as soon as you plug headphones into them, it mutes the speakers and redirects output to the headphones.