Questions

Duplicate reminders happening in Outlook 2010

+
0 Votes

Duplicate reminders happening in Outlook 2010

esheldon76
I have a user who is receiving multiple reminders for appointments and I am at my wits end, as to what to do.

I have tried rebuilding his profile on his machine, I have done a repair on Office 2010, I have used the Outlook flags /cleanreminders and /cleansniff, and have made sure he only has one profile starting when Outlook starts. Any other ideas or thoughts would greatly be appreciated.
  • +
    0 Votes
    jennylembert

Close Outlook and find your outlook.exe file. Right click and select send to desktop (create shortcut). Then find that newly created shortcut, Right click and choose properties. In the target section you will see the command in quotes that runs Outlook. Go to the end of that add a space then add "/cleanreminders" without the quotes and click the ok button.
    Start Outlook using that desktop shortcut and see if it helps.

+
    0 Votes
    esheldon76

Jennylembert, thank you so much for your reply. Didn't I basically do that with what I said in my initial post? Just curious how that differs?

+
    0 Votes
    Rob Kuhn

Make sure this person is not a delgate for someone.

+
    0 Votes
    mijcar

Find out if this user is synching with other calendars. The iPhone calendar synching is a mess that produces numerous duplicates. Other synches that could be problematic would be with orgs like Linkin. Look at the add-in's and see what's there.

Michael

• +
    0 Votes
    jennylembert

Close Outlook and find your outlook.exe file. Right click and select send to desktop (create shortcut). Then find that newly created shortcut, Right click and choose properties. In the target section you will see the command in quotes that runs Outlook. Go to the end of that add a space then add "/cleanreminders" without the quotes and click the ok button.
    Start Outlook using that desktop shortcut and see if it helps.

+
    0 Votes
    esheldon76

Jennylembert, thank you so much for your reply. Didn't I basically do that with what I said in my initial post? Just curious how that differs?

+
    0 Votes
    Rob Kuhn

Make sure this person is not a delgate for someone.

+
    0 Votes
    mijcar

Find out if this user is synching with other calendars. The iPhone calendar synching is a mess that produces numerous duplicates. Other synches that could be problematic would be with orgs like Linkin. Look at the add-in's and see what's there.

Michael