Embedded images not showing (red "X") in Outlook 2003

0 Votes

Embedded images not showing (red "X") in Outlook 2003

I have a client who is having issues with receiveing emails with embedded images - she gets a red "X" instead. I'v researched the following suggestions, though haven't had a n opportunity to try them yet:
There is a registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Outlook\Security. It contains a key called "OutlookSecureTempFolder". When I deleted that key, all images began to show.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Security. It contains a key called "OutlookSecureTempFolder".
Perform a Detect and Repair
1. Locate the Outlook Temporary Items folder by opening the Registry and locating HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Security\OutlookSecureTempFolder
2. Navigate to the value of this Key. It should be something like: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK3D\ where OLK3D is some randomly generated string that always starts with OLK
3. Quit Outlook
4. Delete the contents of the folder
5. Launch Outlook

You might want to try clicking the Edit tab and then click Find and paste the complete path in to have it display. That's what I had to do in order for it to become visible.

Right click the START menu.
Select Properties.
Select the Taskbar tab.
select Customize
and Restore Defaults.
I did this and it worked sorry I can?t be specific about what I disabled or enabled
I also did the same in Outlook on the client that was having this issue I restored all the defaults

Client is running the following: Windows XP SP2, Microsoft Outlook 2003

What else can I try if these fail? TIA!