Questions

Error (0x8004010F) In Outlook 2007 when trying to download OAB

+
0 Votes

Error (0x8004010F) In Outlook 2007 when trying to download OAB

anthonywhite
I have a new installation of Exchange 2007 not upgraded from another exchange server with clients using outlook 2007 and 2003. When it comes to outlook 2003 there is no problems they cann see all the relavant free/busy information and download from the global address list as required. However none of the 2007 clients can do work, they will all send and recieve email and see other peoples calendars when they have been shared but when trying to set a meeting they wont return anyones free/busy information!
Thought this might be a problem with the offline address book so told outlook to download the offline address book which produced the following error:
"Task 'Exchange' reported error (0x8004010F): 'The operation failed. An object cannot be found.'"
I dont understand how this works on outlook 2003 but not on 2007. Any ideas anyone?
  • +
    1 Votes
    anthonywhite

The proxy is the answer to fix this all i had to do was open up internet explorer go into internet options on the connections tab open up LAN settings and take the tick out of automatically detect settings

+
    0 Votes
    g.dodd

Just a quick thanks to Anthony for this info.
    We had this problem only with some clients and simply removed the tick and all was well.

thanks Anthony

+
    0 Votes
    kenan.duzdas

hi guys

The resolution for this is simple;

Make sure that you have added the replicas of OAB to the Exchange 2007 server

2. Make sure public folder replication is working.

3. Make sure the OAB is public folder enabled and you have OAB Version 2, OAB Version 3 and OAB Version 4 checked off so your legacy clients can download the OAB files from the public folder store.

4. Make sure that if you are using an Outlook 2007 client, your OAB is Web Distribution enabled and the OAB files have been replicated over to the Client Access Server

+
    0 Votes
    BFrank81

I am having exactly the same issue. I can't find a good write up of how to resolve this issue. Has anyone come across a fix for this?

+
    0 Votes
    lynnsmith

I got your problems.you can use the Microsoft Outlook Recovery Software for error(0X8004010F ).This is the best Software for your problems.you can try the software(www.repairoutlook.org).

• +
    1 Votes
    anthonywhite

The proxy is the answer to fix this all i had to do was open up internet explorer go into internet options on the connections tab open up LAN settings and take the tick out of automatically detect settings

+
    0 Votes
    g.dodd

Just a quick thanks to Anthony for this info.
    We had this problem only with some clients and simply removed the tick and all was well.

thanks Anthony

+
    0 Votes
    kenan.duzdas

hi guys

The resolution for this is simple;

Make sure that you have added the replicas of OAB to the Exchange 2007 server

2. Make sure public folder replication is working.

3. Make sure the OAB is public folder enabled and you have OAB Version 2, OAB Version 3 and OAB Version 4 checked off so your legacy clients can download the OAB files from the public folder store.

4. Make sure that if you are using an Outlook 2007 client, your OAB is Web Distribution enabled and the OAB files have been replicated over to the Client Access Server

+
    0 Votes
    BFrank81

I am having exactly the same issue. I can't find a good write up of how to resolve this issue. Has anyone come across a fix for this?

+
    0 Votes
    lynnsmith

I got your problems.you can use the Microsoft Outlook Recovery Software for error(0X8004010F ).This is the best Software for your problems.you can try the software(www.repairoutlook.org).