Questions

ERROR 106 - PLEASE HELP !!!!

Tags:
+
0 Votes

ERROR 106 - PLEASE HELP !!!!

gettricey
I'm also getting the exact error message 106 at the approx time when trying to install from my CD.....the only answer I've found so far is the one following and I need more detailed guidance on exactly how to accomplish the task in order to copy it and check for a bad hard drive.....if someone could please take the time to help ????
===============================
===============================
do this
The error "ComponentMoveData...Error Number: -106..." indicates that the installer cannot decompress a file. This can happen if the CD-ROM is dirty or damaged, if hard disk space is insufficient, or if the installer conflicts with an application or device driver.

((this is what I'm not exactly clear on))

You could try copying the contents of your CD-ROM (or the essential folders) to your HDD or a network drive. You will soon find out of there is dirt or damage on the CD, and if not, you can easily then install from your HDD or network drive.
try installing the photoshop in safe mode......
  • +
    0 Votes
    ThumbsUp2

What operating system are you running? What are your system specifics/configuration? What program, including version, are you trying to install? When does the error occur?

And, finally, have you checked the CD for damage and wiped it clean with a soft cloth?

• +
    0 Votes
    ThumbsUp2

What operating system are you running? What are your system specifics/configuration? What program, including version, are you trying to install? When does the error occur?

And, finally, have you checked the CD for damage and wiped it clean with a soft cloth?