Error 80070005 in ConnectServer - access is denied

Tags:
+
0 Votes

rshaevel
One of my users receives this error every time she logs on to our network:
When I searched on the Internet outside of TechNet for info on this error, I found very little information. But I did find a site that appeared to be affiliated with Microsoft and offerring a free downlaod to fix, but I'm skeptical.
Does anyone here at TechNet know this error and know what I can do to fix it?
The site I found that I'm skeptical about is http://www.registryfix-free.com/8iconnectserver.html?p=5. and this is what it says. Is this legitimate?
Do You Have Problems with Error 80070005 in connectserver?
Problem: 80070005 in connectserver errors are caused by missing system files or broken system registry structures. This is a critical sign of an unstable system that is typically caused by improper maintenance of the computer.

How to Repair 80070005 in connectserver Problems
RegCure is a PC Repair tool designed to repair 80070005 in connectserver problems & errors.
Download 80070005 in connectserver Repair Tool
Windows 98/SE/ME/XP/Vista/Windows 7 Compatible Quick Instructions:
? STEP 1: Download Regcure & Install for Free.
? STEP 2: Scan your computer.
? STEP 3: Click the 'Fix Errors' button to repair.
  • +
    0 Votes
    CG IT

sounds like this could be a couple of different issues and really need the event log error wording to determine what is going on.

This could be related to the computer account or the user account and can be related to COM+ permissions.

• +
    0 Votes
    CG IT

sounds like this could be a couple of different issues and really need the event log error wording to determine what is going on.

This could be related to the computer account or the user account and can be related to COM+ permissions.