Questions

Error installing iTunes on Vista Ultimate box:

+
0 Votes

Error installing iTunes on Vista Ultimate box:

blitz9092
I have uninstalled iTunes from my workstation with vista ultimate (I used the control panel's remove pgms to remove all Apple related programs). I then proceeded to download it (iTunes 9+QuickTime) again. I tried re-installing it on my box. The installation process goes on and when it comes to install the accompanying the QuickTime, the installation gives me an error. The installation then fails. I have tried several times to re-install the iTunes and it keeps failing on the QuickTime part. I have restarted the PC after uninstall, downloaded "new iTunes and QuickTime installers" but nothing is working. I desperately need any help please. I can't access my existing playlists and music. Please help anybody.

The error states:
"Installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is: 2356". Like I said earlier this is happening when the install process approaches the QuickTime part. All assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Fide
  • +
    0 Votes
    Bapster

You may want to right-click the installer and use the RUN AS (administrator) to see if this helps. Vista uses the UAC and elevated accounts, so it may be worth a try. This has saved my butt a few times with installs not working correctly.

• +
    0 Votes
    Bapster

You may want to right-click the installer and use the RUN AS (administrator) to see if this helps. Vista uses the UAC and elevated accounts, so it may be worth a try. This has saved my butt a few times with installs not working correctly.