+
0 Votes

Error on Bootup "No Disk ' Exception Processing Message c0000013...' "

Nichnasowa
Getting error message after boot up
NO Disk
"Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameter 75b6bf9c 4 75b6bf9c 75b6bf9c"
Option : Cancel, Try Again, Continue

Prior to cancel the error message I checked MY Computer found that the media drives are not listed for my 8- 2 media reader when I cancel the error the media drives appear

Checked Web for solution other People have posted different solution that resolved their issue
Solution that I tried
Uninstalled Quick Time didn't help,
disable the A:\ 3 1/4 floppy drive error message disappeared OS found hardware
A:\ 3 1/4 floppy drive and reinstalled the Drive and after reboot the error came back again. If I wait a while I would only have to hit cancel once for the error to go away.

Peter L

peterlysym@verizon.net
  • +
    0 Votes
    CaptBilly1Eye

Put a CD or DVD in the disc drive and see if the error on boot goes away.
    If it does, see if there is anything in StartUp associated with the disc drive(s) and temporarily disable it to pinpoint the cause. Start - Run - msconfig - Startup tab.

I have also heard of this error occurring due to a trojan.
    To see if a trojan is involved, download and run these free tools...
    RootKitRevealer:
    (http://tinyurl.com/y3hgq9)
    and AVG's RootKit detector and Remover: (http://tinyurl.com/35jq2t)

+
    0 Votes
    schen

I came across the same problem and apparently no information from Microsoft has been released. This issue pretty much affect all windows system. I found one way to fix this, and any other messages similar to this should be repairable with a few simple keystroke with the BIOS. From a logical perspective, windows is checking on all listed physical drives. I mean really checking the drives to see if they responded. Fix #1: if you don't have a physical floppy drive, go to your BIOS and disable the controller. Fix #2: go to the device manager and literally disable the hardware (especially drives) that you physically don't have. If for some odd reason the device is still listed after you disable the controller in the BIOS, you may need to manually remove the listed device in windows. Check microsoft's web site on how to remove un-used device. Good luck to you all.

+
    0 Votes
    rayers

Just disable the autorun on your cd drive. This solved my problem here.

Robert

• +
    0 Votes
    CaptBilly1Eye

Put a CD or DVD in the disc drive and see if the error on boot goes away.
    If it does, see if there is anything in StartUp associated with the disc drive(s) and temporarily disable it to pinpoint the cause. Start - Run - msconfig - Startup tab.

I have also heard of this error occurring due to a trojan.
    To see if a trojan is involved, download and run these free tools...
    RootKitRevealer:
    (http://tinyurl.com/y3hgq9)
    and AVG's RootKit detector and Remover: (http://tinyurl.com/35jq2t)

+
    0 Votes
    schen

I came across the same problem and apparently no information from Microsoft has been released. This issue pretty much affect all windows system. I found one way to fix this, and any other messages similar to this should be repairable with a few simple keystroke with the BIOS. From a logical perspective, windows is checking on all listed physical drives. I mean really checking the drives to see if they responded. Fix #1: if you don't have a physical floppy drive, go to your BIOS and disable the controller. Fix #2: go to the device manager and literally disable the hardware (especially drives) that you physically don't have. If for some odd reason the device is still listed after you disable the controller in the BIOS, you may need to manually remove the listed device in windows. Check microsoft's web site on how to remove un-used device. Good luck to you all.

+
    0 Votes
    rayers

Just disable the autorun on your cd drive. This solved my problem here.

Robert