Questions

%Error opening tftp://192.168.1.46/routera-confg (Timed out)

Tags:
+
0 Votes

%Error opening tftp://192.168.1.46/routera-confg (Timed out)

xdhillon
Getting error "%Error opening tftp://192.168.1.46/routera-confg (Timed out)" when transfering IOS from 2610 to my computer via Solar TFTP. I have both transfer/receive checked in settings.
  • +
    0 Votes
    adi

Hi, what you can do is try to locate the default TFTP directory to another location or you can try to use another TFTP server software..if not successfull you can download a TFTP.exe directy from a cisco website..

+
    0 Votes
    mohammad.bari

I think you got to check the location of '.bin' file.

Let me tell you the simple steps:
    1. Download a new 'TFTPd32.zip' file (its free on http://tftpd32.jounin.net/)
    2. Unzip it (Inside that there should be 3 files- 1. tftpd32.chm, 2.tftpd32.exe, 3. tftpd32.ini)
    3. Double click the tftpd32.exe
    4. It will automatically reads your pc's ip address. And using the 'Currnt Directory' option, you can choose your location where you want to save your file.

Hope this has been informative for you.

Cheers.

+
    0 Votes
    jdclyde

If you do, shut that down. It can/will prevent you from establishing your connection.

+
    0 Votes
    seanferd

in the firewall. Or whatever port the program requires or whatever port you assign.

+
    0 Votes
    chethana_shastri

Hi,
    even i'm facing the same issue. When we issue the command copt startup-config tftp, getting the error, "%Error opening tftp://199.80.46.187/l-3560-01-24-confg (Timed out)". There is no firewall enabled in the server and no other firewalls in between server and router. through tcpdump, I can see wrq request in server, however I'm not able to see any ack reply from server. Can anyone tell me, what might be the problem.
    Thanks in advance.

+
    0 Votes
    ceez97

is this your situation?
    I had to log into each DC of each of my child domains, run the tftp software on that DC and backup that way.
    I was not able to backup the routers located on my child domains onto our main DC in our root domain.

• +
    0 Votes
    adi

Hi, what you can do is try to locate the default TFTP directory to another location or you can try to use another TFTP server software..if not successfull you can download a TFTP.exe directy from a cisco website..

+
    0 Votes
    mohammad.bari

I think you got to check the location of '.bin' file.

Let me tell you the simple steps:
    1. Download a new 'TFTPd32.zip' file (its free on http://tftpd32.jounin.net/)
    2. Unzip it (Inside that there should be 3 files- 1. tftpd32.chm, 2.tftpd32.exe, 3. tftpd32.ini)
    3. Double click the tftpd32.exe
    4. It will automatically reads your pc's ip address. And using the 'Currnt Directory' option, you can choose your location where you want to save your file.

Hope this has been informative for you.

Cheers.

+
    0 Votes
    jdclyde

If you do, shut that down. It can/will prevent you from establishing your connection.

+
    0 Votes
    seanferd

in the firewall. Or whatever port the program requires or whatever port you assign.

+
    0 Votes
    chethana_shastri

Hi,
    even i'm facing the same issue. When we issue the command copt startup-config tftp, getting the error, "%Error opening tftp://199.80.46.187/l-3560-01-24-confg (Timed out)". There is no firewall enabled in the server and no other firewalls in between server and router. through tcpdump, I can see wrq request in server, however I'm not able to see any ack reply from server. Can anyone tell me, what might be the problem.
    Thanks in advance.

+
    0 Votes
    ceez97

is this your situation?
    I had to log into each DC of each of my child domains, run the tftp software on that DC and backup that way.
    I was not able to backup the routers located on my child domains onto our main DC in our root domain.