Questions

Error Uninstalling Java have message ERROR 1723, can someone help me?

Tags:
+
0 Votes

Error Uninstalling Java have message ERROR 1723, can someone help me?

technet03
I have Windows 7 and have install Java version 6 update24. But, now that I want to unistall Java using Control Panel, it gives me the following error message:
"ERROR 1723. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."
I have also tried installing Java again but get the same error.

Can anybody help me with this problems. I have tried google but get no answer on this topic. Does anybody have any solutions to this error message. Thanks
  • +
    0 Votes
    ---TK---

reinstalling Java, then uninstall. Every now and then a .dll gets damaged or lost ect... Reinstalling will provide your system with all the correct .dll's so you can uninstall it properly.

If that does not work post up and let us know.

+
    0 Votes
    technet03

I have tried that already but it will not let me do neither because I keep getting the same error 1723

+
    0 Votes
    seanferd

I know you moved from Discussion to Q&A, but now you have 2 Questions going. Stick to one thread or you will keep getting the same suggestions.

+
    0 Votes
    technet03

I moved from Discussion to Q&A because I am really looking for help on this matter and thought that having both might give me a better chance of finding an answer. But, so far I have no luck since nobody has giving me an answer that will help fix that error.

+
    0 Votes
    IMHAL9000

Try the registry part of CCleaner, I would scan with only the boxes checked for "Missing Shared DLLs" and "Installer", see if CCleaner shows the issue and can repair it.

+
    0 Votes
    technet03

I just tried that and didn't work still have the same problem either reinstalling or uninstalling. Thanks

• +
    0 Votes
    ---TK---

reinstalling Java, then uninstall. Every now and then a .dll gets damaged or lost ect... Reinstalling will provide your system with all the correct .dll's so you can uninstall it properly.

If that does not work post up and let us know.

+
    0 Votes
    technet03

I have tried that already but it will not let me do neither because I keep getting the same error 1723

+
    0 Votes
    seanferd

I know you moved from Discussion to Q&A, but now you have 2 Questions going. Stick to one thread or you will keep getting the same suggestions.

+
    0 Votes
    technet03

I moved from Discussion to Q&A because I am really looking for help on this matter and thought that having both might give me a better chance of finding an answer. But, so far I have no luck since nobody has giving me an answer that will help fix that error.

+
    0 Votes
    IMHAL9000

Try the registry part of CCleaner, I would scan with only the boxes checked for "Missing Shared DLLs" and "Installer", see if CCleaner shows the issue and can repair it.

+
    0 Votes
    technet03

I just tried that and didn't work still have the same problem either reinstalling or uninstalling. Thanks