Questions

Excel 2003 and 2007 locking up

+
0 Votes

Excel 2003 and 2007 locking up

lucy
First I thought is was the computer running Office 2003 with 2 gig of memory but then I bought a new computer with 3 gig of memory and dual processor and the same thing happens, locks up at different times could just be deleting cells, so I installed Office 2007 onto the new machine and same thing is happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • +
    0 Votes

Is it the same XLS file? It could be a bad file. Try creating a new file and see if its locking up.

Alternatively, if you have a screwy printer driver, it can make excel lock up.

Try deleting all printers, and maybe creating a single printer... print to file... generic text only.
    See if the problem goes away. If so, you may need to contact your printer mfg for a later driver.

If none of that helps, I guess you just need to get a faster quad processor PC with 6G RAM and a newer version of Excel. (just kidding)

One more thing to try: turn down the video acceleration in the advanced display settings if you can.

+
    0 Votes
    lucy

Definitely not the file, happening on a daily basis on different files of all different sizes. I will absolutely try deleting the printers and turning down the video acceleration. Thank you. Keep you posted!

+
    0 Votes

chk

cholan41

U may Work on the same existing file copy ( from the OLD system ) to new system ?? try to scan the file r rename file and chk this .

• +
    0 Votes

Is it the same XLS file? It could be a bad file. Try creating a new file and see if its locking up.

Alternatively, if you have a screwy printer driver, it can make excel lock up.

Try deleting all printers, and maybe creating a single printer... print to file... generic text only.
    See if the problem goes away. If so, you may need to contact your printer mfg for a later driver.

If none of that helps, I guess you just need to get a faster quad processor PC with 6G RAM and a newer version of Excel. (just kidding)

One more thing to try: turn down the video acceleration in the advanced display settings if you can.

+
    0 Votes
    lucy

Definitely not the file, happening on a daily basis on different files of all different sizes. I will absolutely try deleting the printers and turning down the video acceleration. Thank you. Keep you posted!

+
    0 Votes

chk

cholan41

U may Work on the same existing file copy ( from the OLD system ) to new system ?? try to scan the file r rename file and chk this .