Questions

Excel 2007

+
0 Votes

Excel 2007

mikedyne
Hi guys and girls.

I have a spreadhseet which has a table which gets it's data from a query using SQL.

Column A has order numbers in it. When the warehouse has processed the order, they fill the cell colour.

My issue is that after a few orders have come through, the cell colour is automatically filled in, making the entire sheet somewhat useless.

I have already unticked the button "Extend data range formats and formulas".
  • +
    0 Votes
    Chris910

Use conditional formatting to color the cell based on whatever field indicates the order has been processed.

(in Excel Hit F1 and search for "conditional Formatting")

+
    0 Votes
    TobiF

I second this suggestion. You should never use colouring of cells or text as the only carrier of data. So, ask your order team to enter a specific value in a status field, then have Excel automatically set the colour based on this value.

• +
    0 Votes
    Chris910

Use conditional formatting to color the cell based on whatever field indicates the order has been processed.

(in Excel Hit F1 and search for "conditional Formatting")

+
    0 Votes
    TobiF

I second this suggestion. You should never use colouring of cells or text as the only carrier of data. So, ask your order team to enter a specific value in a status field, then have Excel automatically set the colour based on this value.