Questions

Excel spreadsheet created in Excel 2010

Tags:
+
0 Votes

Excel spreadsheet created in Excel 2010

AnswerMan
I've created a spreadsheet in Excel 2010 with drop-down lists. When I bring it into Excel 2007 at work, the drop-downs aren't there. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any assistance. Not a big deal,, just bugs me.
  • +
    0 Votes
    robo_dev

If your dropdown is a data validation list and you have used a list on another sheet as the source, then you need to name the ranges of the lists you are using and then use those names when sourcing the lists for the cells.

Excel versions pre-2010 cannot refer directly to a range on another sheet and the validation will simply disappear.

+
    0 Votes
    joshua0113

Wild guess, might want to check the compatibility of the excel. Excel 2010 might save the spreadsheet as a certain type of file that might upload differently when opening with a previous version of Microsoft excel. In this case, 2007. In doing so, the formatting of the spreadsheet editing might change a little when opening a 2010 excel document in a 2007 version. All functions should still work the same though, just different looks to the ribbon (no loss of functionality). In your case this might have been what effected you spreadsheet (the drop-down). Might just want to verify.

• +
    0 Votes
    robo_dev

If your dropdown is a data validation list and you have used a list on another sheet as the source, then you need to name the ranges of the lists you are using and then use those names when sourcing the lists for the cells.

Excel versions pre-2010 cannot refer directly to a range on another sheet and the validation will simply disappear.

+
    0 Votes
    joshua0113

Wild guess, might want to check the compatibility of the excel. Excel 2010 might save the spreadsheet as a certain type of file that might upload differently when opening with a previous version of Microsoft excel. In this case, 2007. In doing so, the formatting of the spreadsheet editing might change a little when opening a 2010 excel document in a 2007 version. All functions should still work the same though, just different looks to the ribbon (no loss of functionality). In your case this might have been what effected you spreadsheet (the drop-down). Might just want to verify.