Questions

Exchange 2003/2010 coexistence Can't Send Outside

Tags: Windows, Operating Systems, Networking
+
1 Votes

Exchange 2003/2010 coexistence Can't Send Outside

jfriend29
Hi All,

I'm am presently in the process of completing a Exchange 2003/2010 coexistence and am running into a problem. My issue is that mailboxes on the 2010 server are not able to send email to external email addresses. I can send email internally and am able to receive from both internal and external sources. When testing I utilize the following command:

****************************************************************************************************
[PS] C:\Windows\system32>send-mailmessage -to ***external-Address*** -from ***InternalAddress*** -subject test -body test -smtpserver ****Exchange-2010-FQDN****
****************************************************************************************************

I then receive the following error:

Send-MailMessage : Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.7.1 Unable to relay
At line:1 char:17
send-mailmessage <<<< -to ***external-Address*** -from ***Internal-Address*** -subject test -body test -smtpserver ****Exchange-2010-FQDN****
CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient:SmtpClient [Send-MailMessage], SmtpFailed
RecipientException
FullyQualifiedErrorId : SmtpException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.SendMailMessage

Any help is appreciated,

-Jeff

Member Answers