Questions

Exchange 2007 pst file exporting/importing

Tags:
+
0 Votes

Exchange 2007 pst file exporting/importing

Magic Alex
I'm having difficulty importing an exported pst file into another user's Outlook
The Scenario:
I've created a restore mailbox that i used to redirect a backup of a users old e-mails using backupexec 11d. The redirect worked beautifully. Now i have very large restore mailbox that i have exported to .pst file, now when i try to import this pst file into the users outlook i get an error message stating that i don't have permission to perform this action. I created the PST file as the restore user (Any attempts to create the PST file as admin or the user the e-mails belong too end up exporting the folder structure and nothing else).
I have changed the security settings giving the user Full Control privileges and made the user the Owner of the PST as well, yet i still get an access denied error.
I have also tried having both mailboxes active in the user's outlook, then click/dragging the mail from the restore mailbox to the users current mailbox. This act results in an error message stating something to the effect of -Cannot perform this action because these folders contain messages that might be private-. Quite frustrating seeing as how they are the users messages after all.
My reasoning for all this: The restore mailbox is massive (2gig+), having this mailbox linked to the users outlook is causing send/receive issues and it is also taking up much more hard-drive space on the exchange server than it needs to.

Any advice would be most welcome, Thank you - Magic
  • +
    0 Votes
    Magic Alex

came across the solution on my own. I logged in as the restore account and loaded up exchange, then linked the users mailbox to the restore accounts outlook and click/dragged the folders i wanted into a new folder in the users mailbox.

• +
    0 Votes
    Magic Alex

came across the solution on my own. I logged in as the restore account and loaded up exchange, then linked the users mailbox to the restore accounts outlook and click/dragged the folders i wanted into a new folder in the users mailbox.