Questions

Answer for:

FBI/DOJ virus, now locks out safe mode as well. Any ideas for removal?

Message 12 of 15

View entire thread
+
1 Votes
pentangelli

I tried just about every fix I could find after weeding through the pages and pages of supposed answers that said nothing except "I have this problem too did you figure it out yet" Well I got sick of it and figured it out myself. Heres the trick.
Download and burn (Borrow someone elses computer if you have to) a copy of hirens boot cd. Burn the iso to a cd. Once you have the CD put into your computer and boot from it. Choose "MINI XP mode" Allow it to boot to a desktop. Ignore the fact that tools like malwarebytes and other antispyware tools are there. Click on Setup network and allow the computer to do so. Launch the browser and google malwarebytes. Download it to the C: drive. (dont choose the default location for the download because obviously you cannot write files to a CD) Launch the program when done. Ignore the 2 or 3 error messages that pop up. Malwarebytes will launch and update itself. Run a full scan. This will delete the items that prevent your computer from being accessible in normal mode. When done remove the disk and boot into normal mode. From there run combofix and allow it to do its thing. IT will reboot your computer. AFter that run super antispyware and maybe norton power eraser (NPE). AFter this run your antivirus program to be super redundant. But you should be ok. Ive fixed probably like 25 computers with this variant in the past month. $$ For me, but my tip to you! Good luck!