Questions

Flashing Status lights on CISCO 1130 AG wireless access point

+
0 Votes

Flashing Status lights on CISCO 1130 AG wireless access point

duncan_hills
Heres the problem, it lights up initially light green (normal operation), then starts to glow in and out of red, orange, and dark green.

Problem is, I havn't had any experience with cisco switches, and it seems to use Power over Ethernet from our wired switch.

I beleive I can I connect to the access point with a serial to ethernet connection using a telnet program, but am not sure of what the commands etc needed for basic configuration run down are. I have searched a bit and found some info but not sure its correct. If anyone has info/links, it would be much appreciated.

As they are using POE, im presuming im going to need a power supply too (or is this available on modern laptop NICS?).

I've checked the DCHP scope for our wireless network section, and its showing no address are being obtained by the AP's. If this is the main problem, if someone also knows the configuration for enabling dchp on the switches it would be very helpful.

Thanks
+
0 Votes
cirwin

Same problem, except I can pull the MAC from the DHCP, and its pingable. But I can't get connected to GUI via IP.

Hoping you might have found a solution?

+
0 Votes
duncan_hills

Apparently as our server room a/c overheated, we switched off all equipment, and the order in which we turned it back on somehow affected the way they picked up :s

We had cisco engineers come in to sort it but unfortunately never got a chance to chat to them.

Are you trying to access the router from the same subnet? Perhaps directly connecting to the unit may make a difference for GUI, as possibly some security on the switches can cause problems? Just a thought.

Sorry couldn't be of any help, but good luck :)