Questions

free up hard disk space in Windows Server 2008

+
0 Votes

free up hard disk space in Windows Server 2008

choy.waigiat
I'm trying to free up hard disk space in C drive in Windows Server 2008. I have search online for solutions and most of the solution does not help in freeing up hard disk space. I have look into all the folders and directory, I just cannot find any folders that are huge in size that I can delete.

Anyone can advise,

regards,

Clarifications

TG2

First questions... how big is the hard drive, how big is the C partition, and what types of files have you looked for? What are you using the server for? (is exchange on there? or MSSql?, etc)

Depending on those answers, you may have a simple or hard road ahead.

Space can be commonly consumed in logs if you're not careful or can be eaten alive by restore points and installed files that would be better on a secondary drive, depending on your type of installation (and partition sizes)

• +
    0 Votes
    robo_dev

There are no huge folders to delete. Like any Windows install, you can typically delete the service-pack downloads and uninstall files, as well as things like older restore points.

Since disk space is so cheap, your best bet is to simply install a larger drive.

+
    0 Votes
    choy.waigiat

The C drive has 20GB of hard disk space, right now only has 700kb of free space left. I have run compcln.exe to uninstall the service pack file but still does not free up much space. This server is use for CRM, running SalesLogix.

• +
    0 Votes
    robo_dev

There are no huge folders to delete. Like any Windows install, you can typically delete the service-pack downloads and uninstall files, as well as things like older restore points.

Since disk space is so cheap, your best bet is to simply install a larger drive.

+
    0 Votes
    choy.waigiat

The C drive has 20GB of hard disk space, right now only has 700kb of free space left. I have run compcln.exe to uninstall the service pack file but still does not free up much space. This server is use for CRM, running SalesLogix.