Answer for:

Freezing Problem! can anyone help?

Message 8 of 7

View entire thread
0 Votes
Collapse -

Yow! Thanks for the advices you gave me... i tried them all out but unfortunately it didn't fix the problem...
well i thought about it and maybe it was time to buy new parts (mainly speaking I bought a whole new unit, coz
the old one maybe upgraded but the motherboard was really old).,I still used what can be used from the old one
like the 500GB SATA Hard Drive and the 2GB RAM., The New Unit has a new hard drive, 500GB as well, so in total
i have 2 Hard Drives in my new unit., I bought a new RAM as well, but unfortunately not the same brand as the
old 2gb RAM from the old so for the meantime i stored it.,

So unto the problem,. Here's the speck of my new comp:

Windows 7 Ultimate
32-Bit Operating System
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU
2.00 GB RAM
2 500GB Hard Drive
- 1st Hard Drive have 2 Volumes (C,D)
- 2nd Hard Drive have 3 Volumes (F,G,H)
NVIDIA GeForce 210 1GB Video Card

Today i bought a new 2 GB RAM (the same brand) to add to the computer, so that it could have 4GB of RAM in total.
I installed it, turned on the computer, waited the system to boot, and checked if the computer was reading it
properly. Seeing that in the "Properties" in "Computer" displayed 4 GB RAM I continued with my usual activities.
In the middle of a game i was playing (DMC4) the display froze and the sounds repeated the last sound over and
over again. I restarted the computer, and test if it would happen again, And it did, everytime i played.

It immediately occured to me that maybe it was the newly added 2 GB RAM whose in fault of this problem coz the
system never froze when it had only one 2GB RAM., I uninstalled it and turned on the computer. To test if it would
freeze again i played DMC4. It never froze, i just continued playing.

So here's the question:

Why did my Comp froze when it had 4 GB RAM, but when it had 2GB it was totally fine?
Did i forgot to change anything about the Virtual Memory of my Comp?