Questions

FTP server - I can't access it from my router Belkin N F6D4230-4 v1000

+
0 Votes

FTP server - I can't access it from my router Belkin N F6D4230-4 v1000

ehsanulamin
My Cable Broadband Internet provider has a FTP server where we get a lot of free useful things like free Shareware Software, TV shows from our country, Video. We have to access the FTP server from a Web Browser like firefox, IE, Chrome etc..

When I connect my internet cat5 cable in my Ethernet port directly I can access FTP server. But when i connect internet cat5 cable with my Belkin N F6D4230-4 v1000 Router I only can surf the Web but I can't access the FTP server. Its says The connection has timed out.

My Broadband Internet type is PPPoE which has a User and a password and which i also configured in my router unless i will not access Internet. I also clone my Ethernet MAC address to my Router. So both MAC are same unless I cant get internet also. and I connect my router from my Notebook with WiFi.

Member Answers

+
    0 Votes
    t.hulsebosch

Have you shut down the firewall already on your router?
    You wont be the first to replace cables etc. only to find out, the firewall on your router is playing you parts.
    (You can find the settings on page 52 of the userguide - http://cache-www.belkin.com/support/dl/man_f6d4230-4_8820-00034.pdf )

+
    0 Votes
    ehsanulamin

I have tried by shutdown my router firewall, but still same cant access my ftp yet.

+
    0 Votes
    pcrx_greg

Have you opened the FTP port on your router. If you don't have TCP port 21 open you will not be able to reach the FTP server.

+
    0 Votes

Yes

ehsanulamin

Yes, I already did it in the Virtual Server section of my Belkin router. FTP which should be Port 21.

+
    0 Votes
    ehsanulamin

No help of doing anything

+
    0 Votes
    t.hulsebosch

Have you tried connecting to the ftp server, using a FTP program, such as total commander / Filezilla etc.
    Just to make sure, there's no problem ore delay with your browser.
    If this doesnt work, it may be worth a try, resetting your router.

+
    0 Votes
    pcrx_greg

Have you opened the FTP port on your router. If you don't have TCP port 21 open you will not be able to reach the FTP server.