Questions

Ghost Error Number: (29088)Message: Not enough space on destination drive.

Tags:
+
0 Votes

Ghost Error Number: (29088)Message: Not enough space on destination drive.

matt
Error Number: (29088)

Spanning is not supported on this drive.
Version: 8.0.0.984 (Oct 3 2003, Build=984)
OS Version: DOS v7.10
Command line arguments:
Active Switches :
AutoName

I am using a ghost boot disk (created with ghost?s boot disk creation utility) to map to a network drive. I get anywhere from 14 to 500mb copied before I get the above message. There is plenty of storage space available. I have used multiple network locations with the same result. I have tried the -OR switch.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

-matt
  • +
    0 Votes
    Mr.Wiz

Your network connection is unstable and is dropping connectivity. I've seen this kind of error with ghost before.

+
    0 Votes
    matt

Thank you for the response and I wish. The same behavior occurs when I have the client (tried several different client machines) connected directly to the remote machine by x-over cable (also tried multiple remote machines).

any other ideas? I am stumped.

+
    0 Votes
    Ruth.Majersdorf

Hoi Matt,
    I have the same problem and fault messages. Did you find a solution ?
    Best regards
    Ruth

+
    0 Votes
    MytonLopez

I wsa using 2 different version of Ghost (7.5 & 11) and got the same results. I was trying to ghost a Vista HD using Ghost -fdsp using disk to image and it wouldn't work. So I tried using ghost to do didk to disk using the -fdsp switch and it worked. I had to run a repair using the Vista DVD and it fixed the startup issue and boot ed up just fine.

• +
    0 Votes
    Mr.Wiz

Your network connection is unstable and is dropping connectivity. I've seen this kind of error with ghost before.

+
    0 Votes
    matt

Thank you for the response and I wish. The same behavior occurs when I have the client (tried several different client machines) connected directly to the remote machine by x-over cable (also tried multiple remote machines).

any other ideas? I am stumped.

+
    0 Votes
    Ruth.Majersdorf

Hoi Matt,
    I have the same problem and fault messages. Did you find a solution ?
    Best regards
    Ruth

+
    0 Votes
    MytonLopez

I wsa using 2 different version of Ghost (7.5 & 11) and got the same results. I was trying to ghost a Vista HD using Ghost -fdsp using disk to image and it wouldn't work. So I tried using ghost to do didk to disk using the -fdsp switch and it worked. I had to run a repair using the Vista DVD and it fixed the startup issue and boot ed up just fine.