Questions

Answer for:

Help!! Router problem!

Message 20 of 20

View entire thread
+
0 Votes
r_widell

I also have NO IDEA what you are emulating nor where the emulation is being done.

However, I believe that jqbecker is on the right track with the instructions for cloning the MAC address.

While there are still a few ISPs that lock you into connecting to their network from a single MAC address for eternity, most have figured out that this is not realistic. But they will only allow a single MAC address to connect during the DHCP lease period. Unfortunately it may take days for the lease to expire. The easiest way around this is to release the connection from the machine that currently holds the lease (i.e. cancel the lease).

From the computer connected to the modem that currently has an internet connection:
1) Open the command prompt (Start->(all)programs->accessories->Command Prompt
2 ) type "ipconfig /release" (without the quotes), press Enter
3) shutdown the computer and disconnect the ethernet cable from the back of that computer.
4) Plug the cable you disconnected from the computer into the internet connector on the back of the POWERED DOWN router.
5) Power up the router,
6) connect an ethernet cable from one of the LAN ports on the router to your computer and power up you computer.

You should now be able to connect to the internet through your router.