Questions

How can I configure winproxy and DSL-2640T in Server 2003?

Tags:
+
0 Votes

How can I configure winproxy and DSL-2640T in Server 2003?

ornob
Dear users,

I have one windows server 2003 and one DSL D-Link DSL-604T ADSL Wireless Router. My DSL D-Link DSL-604T ADSL Wireless Router is working properly with my ISP and internal LAN. My windows server is also working properly in LAN.

Now I am planning to use winproxy for controlling our existing users to using internet connection.

I setup winproxy in windows server 2003.
The problem is when I uninstall winproxy that time windows server 2003 can access internet but if it installed then windows server 2003 unable to reach internet. For others users, they are using internet directly through wireless network. Whereas I like to configure that everyone should bound to use internet through winproxy. So I would able to control internet properly.

Can I get some help in this regard?
  • +
    0 Votes
    robo_dev

So your problem is that when you install Winproxy on the server itself, the server is unable to reach the Internet?

Do you have one or two network interfaces in the server?

The best way to configure a server to be a proxy server is to configure one interface to be your WAN interface, and the other interface to be the LAN interface.

DO NOT enable routing or RAS, or ICS, or bridging, on these interfaces.

How are you providing IP addresses to the client PCs? Are you using the server as a DHCP server, or a router?

One thing to check: what is your default gateway?

You can have only one default gateway, and if you have it on the LAN side of the proxy, that will not work.

• +
    0 Votes
    robo_dev

So your problem is that when you install Winproxy on the server itself, the server is unable to reach the Internet?

Do you have one or two network interfaces in the server?

The best way to configure a server to be a proxy server is to configure one interface to be your WAN interface, and the other interface to be the LAN interface.

DO NOT enable routing or RAS, or ICS, or bridging, on these interfaces.

How are you providing IP addresses to the client PCs? Are you using the server as a DHCP server, or a router?

One thing to check: what is your default gateway?

You can have only one default gateway, and if you have it on the LAN side of the proxy, that will not work.