Questions

How can I erase hyperlinks in Excel 2000/2003?

Tags:
+
0 Votes

How can I erase hyperlinks in Excel 2000/2003?

carlos.nino
Hi,

I have an Excel document with more than 15000 emails in it, and I need to get rid of the hyperlinks so only plain txt is left. I know I can get rid of them one by one by clicking on it and choosing rase Hyperlink from the popup menu, but:
Is there a way to erase them all?

Thanx in advance!
  • +
    0 Votes
    ante_river

Select entire worksheet, copy and paste special "values" to empty worksheet. (You will lose any formatting, but will rid yourself of hyperlinks).

Or, if you don't want to copy & paste, try this...

1. Type the number 1 in a blank cell, and right-click the cell.
    2. Click Copy on the shortcut menu.
    While pressing CTRL, select each hyperlink
    3. Click Paste Special on the Edit menu.
    4. Under Operation, click Multiply and then click OK.

+
    0 Votes
    carlos.nino

Simple and effective.

Again, thaks a lot! :^)

+
    0 Votes
    marj

If you don't want to lose all of your sheet's formatting, another idea that will work if your hyperlinks are in just certain columns is to just copy & paste special "values" of that column to a blank column - then you can cut & paste it back to the original column

+
    0 Votes
    smith

You can use the following vba to create a macro that will strip out the hyperlinks.
    Save it with the workbook or worksheet and then return to sheet you want to clear and run the macro.

I don't remember where I originally found it but google "remove hyperlinks excel" should bring up several references to this code.

Sub RemoveHyperlinks()

'Remove all hyperlinks from the active sheet
    ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Delete

End Sub

+
    0 Votes
    mahansench

Hi, To prevent Hyperlinks in Excel, do the following:
    On the Tools menu, click Autocorrect Options.
    On the Autoformat As You Type tab, click to clear the Internet and network paths with hyperlinks check box.
    Click OK.
    You can also gain access to the Autocorrect Options feature by typing a hyperlink, and then clicking Stop Automatically Creating Hyperlinks on the smart tag button that appears.

That's all.

+
    0 Votes
    stefana

Try ASAP Utilities! It is a gem with an Excel installation, and has a great number of excellant solutions.

• +
    0 Votes
    ante_river

Select entire worksheet, copy and paste special "values" to empty worksheet. (You will lose any formatting, but will rid yourself of hyperlinks).

Or, if you don't want to copy & paste, try this...

1. Type the number 1 in a blank cell, and right-click the cell.
    2. Click Copy on the shortcut menu.
    While pressing CTRL, select each hyperlink
    3. Click Paste Special on the Edit menu.
    4. Under Operation, click Multiply and then click OK.

+
    0 Votes
    carlos.nino

Simple and effective.

Again, thaks a lot! :^)

+
    0 Votes
    marj

If you don't want to lose all of your sheet's formatting, another idea that will work if your hyperlinks are in just certain columns is to just copy & paste special "values" of that column to a blank column - then you can cut & paste it back to the original column

+
    0 Votes
    smith

You can use the following vba to create a macro that will strip out the hyperlinks.
    Save it with the workbook or worksheet and then return to sheet you want to clear and run the macro.

I don't remember where I originally found it but google "remove hyperlinks excel" should bring up several references to this code.

Sub RemoveHyperlinks()

'Remove all hyperlinks from the active sheet
    ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Delete

End Sub

+
    0 Votes
    mahansench

Hi, To prevent Hyperlinks in Excel, do the following:
    On the Tools menu, click Autocorrect Options.
    On the Autoformat As You Type tab, click to clear the Internet and network paths with hyperlinks check box.
    Click OK.
    You can also gain access to the Autocorrect Options feature by typing a hyperlink, and then clicking Stop Automatically Creating Hyperlinks on the smart tag button that appears.

That's all.

+
    0 Votes
    stefana

Try ASAP Utilities! It is a gem with an Excel installation, and has a great number of excellant solutions.