Questions

How can I fix Outlook 2003 Contacts to sort by Category?

+
0 Votes

How can I fix Outlook 2003 Contacts to sort by Category?

JADavis9
Suddenly, my Outlook 2003 Contacts won't sort by Category as they have always done. It just displays all of the Contacts in a list and on the left side is a column that gives me choices to Current View: Address Cards .... By Category, and that one is checked. But over in the contacts part is just a list of all of my Contacts sorted alphabetically and you can click the up or down arrow on each column if you want. But in the Category column there is no up or down arrow and if I hover the column heading, it displays a note saying Sort By: Categories. If I click it, then it pops a box saying You Cannot Sort By This Field.
I see all of my various Contact Categories listed variously down the list of Contacts in that column. They are in no order.
If I open any Contact, I will see it's current Category listed in the lower right. If I click on the word Categories ...., a box pops up that lists all of my Categories with one checked. If I then click on Master Category List, it displays this same list. So all of the Categories are on the Master List. I have scene this before where some say that they are not on the master category list.
So what has gone wrong and how can I fix my Outlook to behave normally?