Questions

How can I Live update of Symantec Antivirus10.1 from server on all clients

+
0 Votes

How can I Live update of Symantec Antivirus10.1 from server on all clients

shahzadcheema
Dear friends,

I have installed Symantec antivirus10.1 on server first. and then installed Symantec antivirus on clilent from the server through this path
?\\Dhodak\VPHOME\CLT-INST\WIN32?
Installation on client is successfully finished.
But now problem is that Live Update button is disabled and there is also Lock Icon display near this button. When I click on Lock icon there is comment displayed that ?it is locked by administrator?
Also my server has latest Virus definitions files but client which I have installed from server has old definition file.
So how can I update Virus definitions file of client from server ?
Please send me the detailed solution of the above matter on urgent basis.

Best regards,

Shahzad
  • +
    0 Votes
    mickspring

Shahzad,

If you want to run live update on the client you need to first log in as administrator and then click on the live update button.
    Your server should auto update your def's on all clients, not straight away. Or if you are getting a message in the Symantec security center console that your client has old definitions, right click on the client in the console, select All tasks> Symantec Antivirus> update virus defs now.
    If you get an error message that you cannot connect you may need to adjust some firewall settings.

Hope this helps...

+
    0 Votes
    manojkreddyutl

goto C:\Program Files\Symantec_Client_security\Symantec Antivirus and run VPDN_LU.exe. it will start the live update.

things should work now.

note:- if your SAV installation is in different folder then, search for VPDN_LU.exe and then run it.

Manoj

+
    0 Votes
    jk_singh

Thanks Manoj..your posting has helped me..

+
    0 Votes
    Dumphrey

as well. Since the server should push out updates to the clients by default, ONLY if the client was installed as a managed client. An unmanaged client should by default, update from symantec 1 time a week. The default updates on a managed client are controlled from the management server part of the package. Spend about 4 hours getting to know it. It has options that are for extras, such as a firewall, that can be ignored. Its complexly simple, or maybe I mean simply complex....
    In either case, its actually less complicated then the interface would lead you to believe.

• +
    0 Votes
    mickspring

Shahzad,

If you want to run live update on the client you need to first log in as administrator and then click on the live update button.
    Your server should auto update your def's on all clients, not straight away. Or if you are getting a message in the Symantec security center console that your client has old definitions, right click on the client in the console, select All tasks> Symantec Antivirus> update virus defs now.
    If you get an error message that you cannot connect you may need to adjust some firewall settings.

Hope this helps...

+
    0 Votes
    manojkreddyutl

goto C:\Program Files\Symantec_Client_security\Symantec Antivirus and run VPDN_LU.exe. it will start the live update.

things should work now.

note:- if your SAV installation is in different folder then, search for VPDN_LU.exe and then run it.

Manoj

+
    0 Votes
    jk_singh

Thanks Manoj..your posting has helped me..

+
    0 Votes
    Dumphrey

as well. Since the server should push out updates to the clients by default, ONLY if the client was installed as a managed client. An unmanaged client should by default, update from symantec 1 time a week. The default updates on a managed client are controlled from the management server part of the package. Spend about 4 hours getting to know it. It has options that are for extras, such as a firewall, that can be ignored. Its complexly simple, or maybe I mean simply complex....
    In either case, its actually less complicated then the interface would lead you to believe.