Questions

How can I reset HP 6230nc notebook BIOS or CMOS

+
0 Votes

How can I reset HP 6230nc notebook BIOS or CMOS

jama_mss
Can some one please help with HP 6230nc notebook.. I cannot reset the bios or cmos..there is no battery ...ANY help will be greatly appreciated.
  • +
    0 Votes
    TheChas

The last time I researched resetting the CMOS on a HP laptop, I found out that they use part of the BIOS Flash ROM to store the BIOS settings. For the model I checked on, the only supported method to clear the user settings was to physically replace the Flash ROM and restore the BIOS.

My first recommendation is to check with a HP service center and see what they have to offer.

If the cost of getting the BIOS settings cleared is too high, or you feel like taking a gamble, you can search the web (or old question threads here) for "HP Laptop BIOS Crack" and see what you find.

One caution, many of the crack and hack web sites are full of virus, spy-ware, and assorted other mal-ware.

Chas

+
    0 Votes
    ashily24dee

Hi,

When your HP laptop has problems in booting properly, you would have to reset the BIOS. You would have to follow certain steps in order to reset BIOS. First you would have to reboot your HP laptop. Then until you see the set-up message on your laptop???s screen you would have to press the ???F1??? button on your keyboard. After that so as to select the factory settings option you would have to press ???F5??? button. Then press 'F10' so as to exit the set-up.

http://supportforhp.iyogi.com/laptop-reset-bios.html

Hope this information helps you.

+
    0 Votes
    robo_dev

That's an old original post, even in Zombie years.

2006!

• +
    0 Votes
    TheChas

The last time I researched resetting the CMOS on a HP laptop, I found out that they use part of the BIOS Flash ROM to store the BIOS settings. For the model I checked on, the only supported method to clear the user settings was to physically replace the Flash ROM and restore the BIOS.

My first recommendation is to check with a HP service center and see what they have to offer.

If the cost of getting the BIOS settings cleared is too high, or you feel like taking a gamble, you can search the web (or old question threads here) for "HP Laptop BIOS Crack" and see what you find.

One caution, many of the crack and hack web sites are full of virus, spy-ware, and assorted other mal-ware.

Chas

+
    0 Votes
    ashily24dee

Hi,

When your HP laptop has problems in booting properly, you would have to reset the BIOS. You would have to follow certain steps in order to reset BIOS. First you would have to reboot your HP laptop. Then until you see the set-up message on your laptop???s screen you would have to press the ???F1??? button on your keyboard. After that so as to select the factory settings option you would have to press ???F5??? button. Then press 'F10' so as to exit the set-up.

http://supportforhp.iyogi.com/laptop-reset-bios.html

Hope this information helps you.

+
    0 Votes
    robo_dev

That's an old original post, even in Zombie years.

2006!